Page 1 of 2
So, I went to a jam night tonight and got there early and I met this guitarist selling some stuff and managed to seal the deal before anyone else arrived. I don't have much money but had to do it, good gear is so hard to get here unless someone brings it in from the States.

So imagine this....

• A perfect USA ash Tele (deluxe?)with case.
• A Fender Super-Sonic amp (not working right I just discovered, I never even tried it, one of the tubes has been knocked sideways, probably by him bring the amp tonight in a taxi EDIT: fixed easy and works and sounds great now).
• Some pedals & cables

all for $650 USD!!

He has had them here for 2 years but is leaving the country later this month and wants to get rid of them and needs some cash and said he has more guitars and amps in the States, he was a great guitarist so I tend to believe him.

Yes I am a lucky bastard, I have the stuff right in front of me. He just gave me his number and said call him in the morning to pay...he didn't even ask for my number. I'll call and pay him as soon as I get up with a smile.

Pics posted soon
Last edited by Tempoe at Dec 24, 2009,
Sick deal bro! Congrats!
Where are the pics though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Damn...that sounds like a sick deal!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
/weep
Listen to my songs on my profile pretty please

Quote by SamhainGrim
I wish a had a vagina to go with my penis...:[
Son of a bitch...
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Congrats, you've just purchased some stolen gear.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
**** YOU!! So jealous you asshole!!
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Darkflame
i bet TS got a penis up his butt

Nah, but I would've considered it.
pics or it didn't happen. cmon.

I mean good deal if it happened, but I'm one skeptical son of a bitch.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Pics or it's a rackmounted Bugera V5 and 15 MT2s chained together.

Nevertheless, HNSD!
Quote by Tempoe
heres the pic again

I shall chew on my words.

Looks like it could be an ash tele. Does it have the S-1 switching? (push button built into the volume knob?)
This deal is frakkin awesome, dude.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by Tempoe
heres the pic again
and the tube that seems to be knocked up and not working.

Those silver shrouds are removable. You push up, turn a slight bit to the right or left, (i think right but look at it) and pull down. The silver cover should come off of the tube. I spose I should say to not do this with the tubes warm. Then push the tube so it's seated evenly and completely.

Actually just remove the cover and give us a pic of that.
so who was this guy? keith richards?
Quote by gregs1020
Those silver shrouds are removable. You push up, turn a slight bit to the right or left, (i think right but look at it) and pull down. The silver cover should come off of the tube. I spose I should say to not do this with the tubes warm. Then push the tube so it's seated evenly and completely.

Actually just remove the cover and give us a pic of that.

Thanks, its torn off at the base I guess.....
at least the sheild mount is. tube pins bend pretty far - the actual tube may be fine. what's the case with the pins? snapped off or no?

Edit: Oh. and your loop return level is a little low. don't scoop that.
The pins actually look ok, hopefully I can fix it. At the moment its 2:50 am and I had quite a few beers tonight so best to wait 'till morning and some good light.

Thanks for the help, I'll post again tomorrow if I can't get it working.

Not too major, they should really have a grill over that rear section, not the cutout panel they use, so nothing can poke in there as the tubes are less than an inch away from the opening.
and the back panel is made of friggin cardboard. i have a fender too.

ok, sleep well knowing you helped a crackhead score large.

gah i hope i'm wrong...
Damn, sweet deal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
lots'a great deals floating around recently... some guy just posted a neumann 103 he picked up at a garage sale for $30.

...yeah, $30.
if only i could pick up an awesome deal

Well i have a new pedal coming which i got for slightly below average pricing if that counts.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Well I fixed the tube, it was fine, after being bent 45 degrees. I removed the bottom collar and it works great. The cleans are really, really nice on this amp, as is the reverb. The gain is a little thin to me but I haven't played with it much yet., oh well I have my 6505 for gain. I just put new strings and cleaned the guitar, it's amazing, I am used to my Jackson so this is a total change!

Paid the guy today too.

I am trying to figure out what this guitar is I think an Ash Deluxe because it's Ash and has the individual saddles for each string, anyone know?
Those don't look like deluxe saddles. I have the same saddle set up on my MIM James Burton tele.

Why do you think it's ash?
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by Tempoe
Well I fixed the tube, it was fine, after being bent 45 degrees. I removed the bottom collar and it works great. The cleans are really, really nice on this amp, as is the reverb. The gain is a little thin to me but I haven't played with it much yet., oh well I have my 6505 for gain. I just put new strings and cleaned the guitar, it's amazing, I am used to my Jackson so this is a total change!

Paid the guy today too.

I am trying to figure out what this guitar is I think an Ash Deluxe because it's Ash and has the individual saddles for each string, anyone know?

are the tone and volume controls like really bent or is that just the light?
Fender American Deluxe Strat, Epiphone Firebird Studio Worn Cherry, Adam Black S5ce

Dunlop Crybaby, Korg Pitchblack, Keeley BD-2, Proco Vintage Rat, MXR Script Phase 90, Danelectro Chorus, Marshall Echohead

Peavey Classic 30
Nice guitar! I think its ash because it looks like ash? I saw this one on the fender site but with the sunburst.

^ just the light, I think thats my Tshirt reflected as I leaned over to take the pic. It's pretty much a perfect finish too.
Last edited by Tempoe at Dec 9, 2009,
Some natural finishes just look like that. I think it's one of these, but who knows.

http://www.samash.com/p/American%20Standard%20Telecaster%20Electric%20Guitar%20Assorted%20Colors%20and%20Fingerboards_437107

Edit: Thanks! I recently put that Warmoth neck on her, she soooo deserved it.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by Tempoe
Here's the pic again...sorry about the rotate

:O

THAT'S MY STUFF!

IT WAS STOLEN FROM ME 6 MONTHS AGO!!!
DAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn

HNGD man. You got that for a steal.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by The Chimney Man
:O

THAT'S MY STUFF!

IT WAS STOLEN FROM ME 6 MONTHS AGO!!!

oh, sorry about that. ha.

I know the guy who sold it to me has had it down here for over a year so....nice try!
Ridiculous.

You've won the game!
BTW, fix that collar and cover over that tube, cheap fix and will help with any hum/buzz/interference issues if the tube ever goes microphonic.

Those SS amps are great, very smooth hi-fi ultra-linear sound to them.

My advice?
DON'T accidently post pictures of the serial numbers of these items...
I would help, but thats far too good of a deal for me to advise you further

I joke I joke I kid I kid.

Google fender serial number checker, should help you out.
HNADD
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

yea either way, you won.

do you prefer the bassman or vibrolux clean voice?
Page 1 of 2