Ok... I got a new ibanez rg370dx (I like it so if you don't that's your problem) and after the strings stretched they all went flat... sfter bringing them to pitch... locking and fine tuning them, I noticed that my trem was at a slight angle...

I May be wrong, not muche experience with the andgle of the edge III, but does this look right to any of you? because i don't exactly know for sure.

(Invalid img)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45422832@N04/4171165086/
Last edited by chadreed32 at Dec 8, 2009,
Its hard to tell from your picture...so I'll just give you the general info (as I know it).

I've owned one guitar with an Edge 3. Ideally, the trem should be parallel with the guitar's body. If the angle is drastic, you might have to set up your bridge.

Now, that being said. I would invest in a different trem. The Edge III drops out of tune very easily. I suggest the Edge Pro or Edge ZR.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
open the back and tighten the screws until the springs pull the bridge back enough to be parallel to the body
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Quote by dukeofmetal
open the back and tighten the screws until the springs pull the bridge back enough to be parallel to the body
Don't do this.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
it looks like there's not enough tension on the springs. idk though.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
That's very close to parallel.

The edge 3 has an angled baseplate. As such, the parallel is a bit different from a regular FR, like almost every LFR and the OFR.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
That's very close to parallel.

The edge 3 has an angled baseplate. As such, the parallel is a bit different from a regular FR, like almost every LFR and the OFR.

ah, I see, but even with this knowledge, the trem still doesn't seem to be parallel to my eyes. Idk, maybe my eyes are playin tricks on me right now.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
It looks parallel to me - but the action's really low.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
That looks okay, and if you are actually going to add a little more tension to the screws, detune, (make sure you detune first! and detune a little on each string at a time or else your high ones will snap!!!), and then maybe turn the screws 1/2 to like 3/4th of a full turn to the right to tighten the springs. Remember, edge does have an angled baseplate, so it will kind of angle up like that.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
Seriously, it's already parallel.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden