So to record my bass and guitar I am using either my line 6 toneport or my tascam US1641. The instruments are plugged directly into the interface and I record using reaper and using either the gearbox/podfarm software (for the tone port) or guitarrig (when I use my tascam). Some times I want to create feedback for use in some songs of mine but how can I do it? Do I just use a distortion in the software and stick my guitar near my monitors?

Thanks
In theory, an amp modeler models all aspects of an amp, including feedback. You should be able to stick the guitar right up to the monitor speakers and get feedback.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Have you tried using the preamp on your amp? Idk if you have a preamp on your amp, but I do and I record out of my preamp and I just walk up to my amp and get feedback. But if your not, then usually you can create feedback by striking the strings past your nut on your headstock and letting them ring out. Its not the same kind of feedback, but its feedback never the less. Also, one thing I've noticed is that when you stand close to anykind of electronic device you get feedback as well, so you might try turning your amp on and putting your guitar close to it to create feedback, or it might just buzz, idk.
ive only managed to get it when distorting my miced up acoustic. havent managed it yet with an electric guitar DI'd.
Quote by lockwolf
In theory, an amp modeler models all aspects of an amp, including feedback. You should be able to stick the guitar right up to the monitor speakers and get feedback.

I have never been able to get any kind of feedback from plugins, which sucks because for an intro for a few songs I have wanted some feedback, Biohazard style