Page 1 of 19
New game. I'll give an example:

I'm thinking of a famous heavy metal guitarist, has neoclassical tendencies, and died in a plane crash at 25.

Answer: Randy Rhoads.

A genre would help, although isn't required.

The point is to name defining traits of a guitarist and try to have people guess who you're talking about.

Once someone guesses the correct answer, the asker verifies it, and the person who got the answer right gets to ask the next question.

So, first question: I'm thinking of an influential thrash guitarist known for his attitude and voice almost as much as his riffs. Who is it?
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Dec 9, 2009,
this actually isnt that bad a thread.
i wonder how it turns out.

EDIT* dave mustaine?
Classical Guitarist
Quote by jetfuel495
So, first question: I'm thinking of an influential thrash guitarist known for his attitude and voice almost as much as his riffs. Who is it?

Hetfield?
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Fat. Beard. Widdly-woo.
Guess who it is.
Last edited by AfroVic at Dec 9, 2009,
A seven-string shred hero known for his power metal band and Schecter signature guitars.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
A seven-string shred hero known for his power metal band and Schecter signature guitars.

Jeff loomis?
Hayley Williams.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Play the game right
Zep_shizzle gets to go next.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I'm thinking of a guitarrist in a rock band that plays guitar.
(you'll get shit like this all the time, be prepared)
NRANNHLEILR
OETYSI LRNYS
TATOENYSGM
HLENEGMNRA
IL RENRAOET
NYSCOETTAT
GMAATATHLE

To me. Try, you know you want to^

Puberty
Quote by Will Swanson
I was surprised the first time I came. It shot two feet into the air. I couldn't stop laughing.
nevermore97 GOGoGO

edit: FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Last edited by RocknRollRay at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by jetfuel495
exactly. But where the hell did he go?

He's offline. Pick someone to go next.
EDIT: This is what I hate about games like this, people are too ignorant to read and understand some simple rules.
Quote by lolmnt
So Nevermore goes next I guess.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
A guitarist who favors Black and sometimes white Gibson Les Paul Studios. Usually recognized by the bleach-blonde "skunk' stripe in his hair. Plays in a band that's known by it's 3 letter acronym. I'll be kinda surprised if someone gets this
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Quote by nevermore97
this ones easy.a shredder known for being a arrogant douche

Malmsteen, you forgot fat
Why should I come down?
Quote by nevermore97

ynqwie
thats probly spelt bad
edit:too slow
Quote by nevermore97

Yngwie Malmsteen. You forgot the part about him being a sexy beast when he was young.

The other one is Jade Puget.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Dec 9, 2009,
a guitarist with a sig hat and known for using Les Pauls

edit assuming I won

edit yes ur turn
Why should I come down?
Last edited by RocknRollRay at Dec 9, 2009,
Slash
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by nevermore97

all of them? sorry couldn't resist

and holy katana is right =P
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Quote by sporkman7
A Swedish shredder known for being the fastest guitar player in the world and for making fun of his rhythm guitarist, who is the second fastest guitar player in the world.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf, or however u spell it
Quote by Nomack

This is my sig!
PROTIP: You don't get to post your own unless you were the one that got the last one right. Doing so anyway reveals that you didn't finish reading the first post and are therefore an obnoxious moron.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
An American shredder who is taller than a full stack, used to be in a glam rock band that recently reunited, and is known for being awesome.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
PROTIP: You don't get to post your own unless you were the one that got the last one right. Doing so anyway reveals that you didn't finish reading the first post and are therefore an obnoxious moron.

And yet that cycle of people popping in and posting a clue will continue.
EDIT: ^ Well how about that.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
He's offline. Pick someone to go next.
EDIT: This is what I hate about games like this, people are too ignorant to read and understand some simple rules.

It usually happens when the thread is new because a lot of people want to get in on it. Once the thread is old, the rush dies down, and only a few people post. Then it all runs smoothly.
Well I can't wait for it to be filled with regulars, I actually want to play this game.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by littlephil
An American shredder who is taller than a full stack, used to be in a glam rock band that recently reunited, and is known for being awesome.

please dont murder structure
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well I can't wait for it to be filled with regulars, I actually want to play this game.

me too, good game

someone should go, or i can go again
Why should I come down?
Quote by Next Hendrix
all of them? sorry couldn't resist

and holy katana is right =P

I'll just do one, then.

I'm thinking of an American jazz and jazz fusion guitarist known for his bluesy and funky approach, as well as playing behind the beat. He is also known for occasionally collaborating with the famous avant-garde jazz-funk trio Medeski, Martin, and Wood.
Quote by Holy Katana
I'll just do one, then.

I'm thinking of an American jazz and jazz fusion guitarist known for his bluesy and funky approach, as well as playing behind the beat. He is also known for occasionally collaborating with the famous avant-garde jazz-funk trio Medeski, Martin, and Wood.

Frank Zappa?
Why should I come down?
Quote by Holy Katana
I'll just do one, then.

this one is on the tip of my f-ing tounge