Alright, iv'e made like two threads before this about amps for Christmas, but i think i have finally narrowed it down to these two. However i'm stuck choosing between the two.

1)Fender Front-Man 212 R COMBO 100W AMP: www.allansmusic.com.au/prod/21869/FM212_R_COMBO_100W_AMP.aspx

2)Roland Cube 80X:
www.allansmusic.com.au/prod/151503/Roland_CUBE-_80X_Guitar_Amplifier.aspx

The Cube cost's more but is twenty watts less than the Fender, i need something that will be loud enough to gig with or jam, i'm not phased about effects because i'll use a pedal anyway. Which one is the better amp?
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.
Have all my life's future earnings.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Just how loose is your urethra?

Quote by shavorules42
I have a 6 inch gauge in it, so I can cockdock so I'd say loose enough.
Not really.
The Cube is the better amp of the two. 80 Watts should be plenty loud for jams and gigs

EDIT: is there a reason it has to be one of these amps? you can get a lot of amp for $700
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Dec 9, 2009,
The Fender is actually a pretty good amp imo, and it takes very well to pedals. The Cube, sure, is fancier, but the Fender's got style and attitude... and I'd say that both are loud enough to gig with.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
neither - but I realize you are in Australia so look for amps that are used in your area bro sorry

+1

Import from somewhere like Indonesia or Singapore?

I just feel that they're both huge practice amps, and I find it hard to justify one over the other.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I was reading a review about the Fender here on UG and someone mentioned that it would overheat after a few hours playing? I'm going to go with the Fender just because it's cheaper and has an extra 20 watts.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Quote by shavorules42
Not really.
Out of those two, go for the Cube. It's a far better amp.

Also, for that much, I also HIGHLY recommend going used on something better.
Quote by Drift king77
I was reading a review about the Fender here on UG and someone mentioned that it would overheat after a few hours playing? I'm going to go with the Fender just because it's cheaper and has an extra 20 watts.

Don't get sucked in by the numbers. This is a big purchase and there's no need to rush it. Think it through and see what other have to say.
Yeah the cube sounds MUCH better.
Anything but the fenders cleans sound CRAPPY. (and even the cleans need work)
The cube handles everything, it's quite good at metal stuff too.

But yeah I'd look used on craigslist if I were you first.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Faux~Affliction

Anything but the fenders cleans sound CRAPPY. (and even the cleans need work)

The fender should have amazing cleans, solid state or not..

It's just that the cube is more versatile overall. (It can do good cleans and various distortions well.)
Quote by The^Unforgiven
The Fender is actually a pretty good amp imo, and it takes very well to pedals. The Cube, sure, is fancier, but the Fender's got style and attitude... and I'd say that both are loud enough to gig with.

the fender frontman is one of the worst most god forsaken shit sounding amps to ever annoy eardrums on the face of the earth.

the cube is an ok amp, and lightyears beyond the best the frontman is capable of, but $700 can get you a much better amp than either. keep looking.
the fender frontman is one of the worst most god forsaken shit sounding amps to ever annoy eardrums on the face of the earth.

the cube is an ok amp, and lightyears beyond the best the frontman is capable of, but $700 can get you a much better amp than either. keep looking.

Amen brother..... FM is one of the worst sounding SS amps that I ever played...and listened, please, get the cube or keep on looking
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
neither - but I realize you are in Australia so look for amps that are used in your area bro sorry

Unfortunately Australia is really shit in terms of used gear....

I would save up some more .... when ur got about a 1000 bux u can start thinking about some 40 watt tube combos and stuff .... They will sound alot better and u will want to keep them a fair while longer...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru
Unfortunately Australia is really shit in terms of used gear....

I would save up some more .... when ur got about a 1000 bux u can start thinking about some 40 watt tube combos and stuff .... They will sound alot better and u will want to keep them a fair while longer...

Yeah, it sucks. Oh well, i'll talk to the guys at the store, tell them what i need and if all else fails i'll just get the Cube. Thanks everyone for your advice.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Quote by shavorules42
Not really.