Is Seek and Destroy considered a moderately easy song? Ive been playing guitar for about 2 years now and I learned it in about 30 minutes. Im trying to measure my progress...

Thanks!

Peavey 6505+
Les Paul Custom Silverburst

Tool 5/5/06
Tool 11/24/07
Tool 12/8/07
RHCP 4/28/07
RAtM 4/29/07
Black Label Society 3/7/09
Black Label Society 5/4/09
Metallica 12/7/09
Alice in Chains 2/8/10
Lamb of God 7/14/10
We absolutely cannot tell you how well you are doing without hearing you play. Throwing out the name of a song and how long you've been playing is useless if you aren't playing it well.

Sorry if that sounded aggressive, but we get threads like this constantly. It's really a useless question. Just play. You'll get better the longer you play.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by jimzer
its a ****in simple song considering youve been playing for 2 years

Depends how the player has progressed in two years.

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
We absolutely cannot tell you how well you are doing without hearing you play. Throwing out the name of a song and how long you've been playing is useless if you aren't playing it well.

Sorry if that sounded aggressive, but we get threads like this constantly. It's really a useless question. Just play. You'll get better the longer you play.

^this. If you really want to get some feedback (i.e. this post isn't just for bragging rights) then post a recording of yourself playing the song.
Seek & Destroy is possibly one of the simplest songs ever until the solo, which I haven't tried learning yet. I don't like the idea of learning guitar solos verbatim, though.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

Oh no, it didnt sound aggressive at all. Thanks for the reply. Although, I somewhat disagree with you. I understand that you cant measure how well I am doing without a video of me playing it. But I was just wondering, in general, if the song was considered an easy song among the community. Obviously, there is no universal answer to this question because some songs are easier and harder for others. But most people would classify any Blink-182 song as an easy song and Freebird as a harder song (I dont know if that song actually is harder ) I was just trying to see if there was a common response to draw my conclusion off of. Which, it seems by the few replies that it is an easy song.

Peavey 6505+
Les Paul Custom Silverburst

Tool 5/5/06
Tool 11/24/07
Tool 12/8/07
RHCP 4/28/07
RAtM 4/29/07
Black Label Society 3/7/09
Black Label Society 5/4/09
Metallica 12/7/09
Alice in Chains 2/8/10
Lamb of God 7/14/10
Freebird can actually be quite easy if your comfortable repeating the same licks for half an hour...

Anyways, I learned Seek and Destroy within my first year of playing I believe. Pretty sloppy though. The fast part before the solo always gave me troubles. Still havent mastered it, mainly due to my stupid inability to inside pick.