Hi,

I was looking at the following guitars, what would you think of these, in comparision to a Fender Lonestar?

Gretsch G5120 Limited Edition Electromatic Hollowbody
Gretsch G5120 Electromatic Hollow Body with Dual-Coil Pickups
Gretsch G5122 Double Cutaway Electromatic Hollowbody

Also, what are the major differences between these guitars in terms of features? Features are missing on the Gretsch website for 2 of these guitars so it's hard to compare...

Thanks
well i have a lonestar and i can tell you, those gretschs will sound way boomier. my strat is a really tight single coil sound. those are a bit less diverse in the sounds they can make too i think
I know it's based on preferences, etc. But I'm assuming that most don't prefer a bommy electric guitar sound?

Could someone also tell me what the major differences are between those Gretsches? And also tell me why the "Gretsch G5120 Limited Edition Electromatic Hollowbody" is more expensive than the others?

Thanks
The limited edition one is more expensive because of the flashy paintjob. IIRC, the only difference between the 5120 and the 5122 DC is the latter being double cutaway.

And to costumenational: When comparing guitars under 1k, talking about how a 3 grand guitar is awesome is kind of pointless.
Quote by aBONiE
The limited edition one is more expensive because of the flashy paintjob. IIRC, the only difference between the 5120 and the 5122 DC is the latter being double cutaway.

An extra $150 for a flashy paintjob? Ahh well...

Sorry, but what does a double cutaway exactly do?

However by judging by pictures, the upper frets on the 5122DC looks easier to access because not much of the neck seems to be on the body, compared to the 5120.

Which one would you recommend?
Quote by minifhncc
An extra $150 for a flashy paintjob? Ahh well...

Sorry, but what does a double cutaway exactly do?

However by judging by pictures, the upper frets on the 5122DC looks easier to access because not much of the neck seems to be on the body, compared to the 5120.

Which one would you recommend?

The double cut really doesn't do anything.

I'd go for the cheaper, mainly because I have a love affair for single cut gretsch's.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by westdyolf

I'd go for the cheaper, mainly because I have a love affair for single cut gretsch's.

But the single cut and double cut gretsches are the same prices...

Could I have some more insight into what ppl think about these Gretsches compared to the Fender Lonestar?

Thanks
Well the gretsch's have humbuckers and will sound deeper more dark.

The strat will be thin and sing in solos.

But the strats have single coils and have a raw bite to them
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Umm okay... what style of music are deeper sounds and thin sounds suitable for?

Sorry, obviously I am looking to buy my first electric guitar... so many choices