after 6 long agonizing 30 hour weeks of working i finally managed to make that Alexi-200 mine, say what you will but i love it.

now i approach you with my problem, Ive never used a Floyd before, never set one up, never tuned one or anything.

its currently in standard but i can see that the bridge isn't sitting flush with the body, i tuned it and it seemed to get worse, i did however tune it the correct way.

i would prefer to have it in drop b tuning but unfortunately dont think im capable of doing this, so i thought maybe drop d.

how do i do this lol, will i need to re-intonate it and completely re-set up the floyd rose?

it is a licensed floyd rose too.

thank you for any help possible
take it to a shop and see if they will walk you through it so it is done right the first time and you get an idea what to do.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
well to make the body parallel to the bridge you have to tighten the trem screws in the back and if you have never set up one I suggest taking it to a pro and pics???
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
When you say the bridge isn't flush, do you mean to high or to low?
you can add or remove a spring in the back, although string gauge
mainly dictates when it will go up or down.

and anytime you change tunings, you typically have to change the intonation
somewhat, and sometimes a 1/8 a turn here and there on the truss rod
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Quote by dukeofmetal
well to make the body parallel to the bridge you have to tighten the trem screws in the back and if you have never set up one I suggest taking it to a pro and pics???

Err just no the screw goes both ways mate so you also do need to loosen the screw so that the bridge can be parallel.

And ts I'd highly advise you to check out this link https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226 it's really informative and any problems you need just ask in their or send a pm off to tommyt the guy is a legend with the floyd rose problems and he can generally set them up with his eyes closed and legs behind his head, he's just that great.
in the pic the bridge was to high

EDIT: that was the other dude sorry I guess it could go either way I was looking at two threads at once
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Last edited by dukeofmetal at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Err just no the screw goes both ways mate so you also do need to loosen the screw so that the bridge can be parallel.

And ts I'd highly advise you to check out this link https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226 it's really informative and any problems you need just ask in their or send a pm off to tommyt the guy is a legend with the floyd rose problems and he can generally set them up with his eyes closed and legs behind his head, he's just that great.

oh thanks man

i want to it myself also because i have no money and cant have it set up.

hate HAVE to do it myself or it will stay the way it is.
Wow, you worked alot for a guitar. How much do they sell for?!
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Quote by dukeofmetal
in the pic the bridge was to high

EDIT: that was the other dude sorry I guess it could go either way I was looking at two threads at once

Actually the bridge on the Ibanez looked very close to the ones I linked to. It's a funny bridge those Edge's (III, lo pro) but they need to be looking like they are angling down to be in the technically 'correct' position.
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Actually the bridge on the Ibanez looked very close to the ones I linked to. It's a funny bridge those Edge's but they need to be looking like they are angling down to be in the technically 'correct' position.

:O ok I just assumed they were like a floyd
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Quote by unicornfist
Wow, you worked alot for a guitar. How much do they sell for?!

900 bucks in aus, but that was on sale from 1250!
Quote by azn_guitarist25

Ignore bold please.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
..30 hour weeks? I wish I had to work short hours! I've been on 40 hour weeks trying to clear my debt and pay for Xmas >.<

Good work though, nothing more satisfying that paying for your own guitar out of your own hard work
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay