Hey guys. If you've read my previous thread below, I was the guy who asked standard vs elitist epiphones..lol I'm looking to buy my first electric, and while on search, obviously I used craigslist and eBay. .A particular model I had in my mind was the Epiphone 3 pup black beauty, which retails for around 700 on the internet; and yet, on eBay, there were BRAND NEW epi bb being sold for $350 (from singapore) and around $500 (from states)..So what's the catch ? Are these fake ? Even if the seller promises to include the "certificates" and "serial numbers" ? And I bet it's not even just this specific model...what's up with all these magical prices on eBay ? If anyone's got experience with them, (and I mean the cheap BRAND NEW guitars that looks too good to be true) your insight will be much appreciated ! Thank you.

P.S. I've been asking on the other thread as well, but just wanted to confirm again..is buying a 11months old epi blackbeauty for $450 a good deal ?
youll save 450 if you just buy and 1,000 gibson now.. if it turns out ou dont like guitar 450 is a waste and you should buy one but instead of buying a 1,000 epi in a year just buy it now
Quote by MelodicSlap
youll save 450 if you just buy and 1,000 gibson now.. if it turns out ou dont like guitar 450 is a waste and you should buy one but instead of buying a 1,000 epi in a year just buy it now

Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Its only a good deal if you can try it out which online you can't. Because you don't know if theres a problem with the pots, playability, etc. If its fake or not, etc. I say visit a good guitar shop near you and ask them for a deal. They will probably show you a started set but if you are after something a little better and you are sure you still wanna play then tell them you want to start playing guitar but I want a guitar abit better then a starter guitar. Should be able to help you out.
Honestly, I wouldn't take the chance. I would stick with musician's friend. They have really good deals, (Especially this time of year) and they are 100% legit. I order all of my equipment from them. :3
Quote by Stuart90
Its only a good deal if you can try it out which online you can't. Because you don't know if theres a problem with the pots, playability, etc. If its fake or not, etc. I say visit a good guitar shop near you and ask them for a deal. They will probably show you a started set but if you are after something a little better and you are sure you still wanna play then tell them you want to start playing guitar but I want a guitar abit better then a starter guitar. Should be able to help you out.

exactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Quote by MelodicSlap

and don't do this lol On here you are gonna see ALOT of people just saying "Why buy a Epiphone when you can just buy a Gibson for 1,000?" When like to me, that is alot of money and can not afford to spend that on a guitar. Plus some Epiphones are real nice guitar. No need to spend that kind of money on a guitar when Gibson do make some bad guitars here and there.
yea if your not making money off of guitar then a gibson is way over priced in my opinon. and expensive epi is a lot better than a cheap gibson. Theres countless other companies that make guitars in the same shapes as gibsons that are better value for the money.

I mean the cheapest gibsons are maybe $900 in CDN dollars anyways.

While 900 will get you a damn good guitar by other companies epi or esp for ex.
Quote by MelodicSlap

lol sorry but even after reading MANY times, I just don't understand..did you mean just skip the "epiphone" and go right ahead to gibson ? I don't get it...lol Oh and btw, I forgot to mention it but the 11month old BB for $450 is actually my friend's previous guitar that he barely used, so I will get to try it beforehand. I guess no one has tried ebay tho..huh?lol I wouldn't take a chance either tbh..
They're fake, end of.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The give away the ebay guitar for $350 is a fake is its being shipped from singapore. Its like this if a new in box guitar is alot less than retail most likely its fake. Or if its coming from somewhere in asia.

With epis you really want to be able to get hands on before you buy. Their quality tends to vary alot. So you really want to play the particular guitar you plan to buy.
Quote by Tackleberry
The give away the ebay guitar for $350 is a fake is its being shipped from singapore. Its like this if a new in box guitar is alot less than retail most likely its fake. Or if its coming from somewhere in asia.

With epis you really want to be able to get hands on before you buy. Their quality tends to vary alot. So you really want to play the particular guitar you plan to buy.

i bought my fender american deluxe on ebay described new in box for 700 less than musicians friend soldit,it is not fake and was in the original box delivered from fender.
use your head about the epi and do your homework, look at history of seller and you will get a great deal too.
Quote by redsoxfan2
i bought my fender american deluxe on ebay described new in box for 700 less than musicians friend soldit,it is not fake and was in the original box delivered from fender.
use your head about the epi and do your homework, look at history of seller and you will get a great deal too.

Where was it shipped from ? Not any of the Asian countires I assume ?
Quote by steven seagull
They're fake, end of.

+1...any deal that seems too good to be true means that it is too good to be true and you are buying a inferior product
Quote by costumenational
Where was it shipped from ? Not any of the Asian countires I assume ?

no not from Asia but my point is that there are great deals on ebay if your patient and consistent.
best of luck
Quote by MelodicSlap
If your sure you wanna play guitar it is cheaper in the long run to buy a nice gibson

I call bullshit. When you start you have no idea what kind of guitar suits you right, you may end up being an Ibanez style player, making your $1000+ investment an absolute waste of money. Not to mention I have played Epiphones at a variety of price ranges that have outplayed Gibsons at double or triple the price. The name on the headstock guarantees nothing but a price, and it's a noobie mistake to jump to assumptions like you did
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
PSST....see sig.

i wouldnt trust ebayers from other countries under cutting prices so much unless that brand is made in that country (i.e. tokai in japan...etc.). also take into account the extra shipping.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC