I've been told by many people SWTH is an easy song. Now I disagree but I wanna know what you guys think. What level of skill do you think this song should go under? I most definitely think atleast Intermediate.
Finger picking wasn't all that easy, solo could be hard for a begginer and the chord changes aren't the easiest.
What about you guys?

And no, I'm not a complete noob at guitar.
Intermediate.

It might be easy for some people, but in general, it's not that easy.
There's no finger picking in it just a couple spots where you have to use one other finger but really the whole thing can be played with a pick
i would say beginner to intermediate, just because of barre chords
Intermediate, just because of the solo. The actual chord progression isn't that hard if you've played guitar a few hours a day for a year or something. The solo though has some tricky bends and difficult runs.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
the solo isnt too hard...but its not easy
the reason why people say its easy is becuase they can play the firsts 4 bars (the beginning)
its not that easy when you try to remember all of it
I actually have a lot of trouble with Stairway. Song's just never appealed to me enough to sit there and learn it for more than 30 seconds. xD
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
It was one of the first songs I learned on the guitar, so I think it's pretty easy. Probably I couldn't play it as clean as I thought back then or as I can now, but I learned all the clean arpeggiated parts by fingerpicking.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I found it real easy, but if your rythm playing isn't anything past open and power chords then you may find it a bit more of a problem.

Also at "intermediate, just because of the solo", I actually found the solo the easiest part! Basic pentatonic work really. (It also helped that I often "sang" it ala Dave Grohl's acoustic version )
Am, G , F

solo Am and Am pentatonic

it`s a grade 2 song because of the position shift.........

"hey can you play stairway?"...."yes" (then launch into a less irritating song)

it does get irritating after playing it for 22 years
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Dec 9, 2009,
so far i can play the intro which i been working on for about a week (while learning other things aswell) and so far it doesnt seem too difficult but i havent got too the solo yet as i been playing a bit over a month and dont want to rush through it
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I found it real easy, but if your rythm playing isn't anything past open and power chords then you may find it a bit more of a problem.

Also at "intermediate, just because of the solo", I actually found the solo the easiest part! Basic pentatonic work really. (It also helped that I often "sang" it ala Dave Grohl's acoustic version )

Sorry, I should've said that the solo is hard to get the vibe right on. It's easy enough to play, it's just getting the right vibe on the bends and such. You know what I mean? I always found it hard to impersonate Jimmy Page's playing.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay