Hey guys, nice to meet you all. I'm new in the club ; D

Been sick of playing on my Line 6 Spider II 75W, so I decided to upgrade my gear.
To my Ibanez RG1570, I bought B-52 AT100 head. It just suits for me.
Anyway, as I am missing two things: money and cabinet.

I have been wondering if cabinet B-52 AT 412 is good match to this head [as the name suggests]. Anyway, B-52 released also ST 412 with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers, which speaks for itself. But it is quite expensive. Especially regarding to fact that I live in Poland.

Anyway, Framus FR212 CB as well has got Celestion Vintage 30 speakers and can be purchased in 50% of those B-52 cabinets' price.

It is my first head + cabinet combination, and I want gear which I will have for next couple of years.

Maybe other suggestions?
To complete this post, music I want to play is somekind of hard rock / nu-metal with high dose of melodic stuff.

Thanks guys
Regards,
Michal J.
Last edited by SuperCoin at Dec 9, 2009,
2x12's are fine cabs, they won't sound as full as a 4x12 but they will still sound good.

But i doubt Framus' 4x12 would be double that so maybe look into it. A good 2x12 is better than a shit 4x12 but a good 4x12 is even better.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Well if you want something that will last, get a mesa rectifier cab, they're build like tanks and are pretty much the best cab around for hard rock/metal in my opinion.

They're pricey, but well worth the money
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Yeah, my band member has got Mesa 2x12, but I don't exactly remember which model exactly. It's damn singing cab.
Nevertheless, I'm still thinking about something else than mesa. Anyone tried B-52 cabs?
Ibanez Prestige RG 1570 CB
Line 6 Spider II 75 W
awaiting: B-52 AT 100
missing cabinet
Framus would be good. Especially seeing that they are decent cabs and at a better price than the B-52.
Quote by sg4ever
Framus would be good. Especially seeing that they are decent cabs and at a better price than the B-52.

Thanks. I just wonder why framus can be bought as cheap as it is, with his Celestion Vintage 30. There must be something missing or it is me being paranoic ; D
Ibanez Prestige RG 1570 CB
Line 6 Spider II 75 W
awaiting: B-52 AT 100
missing cabinet
I use the ST 2x12 with mine, and it sounds good. I dont know how the quality compares with higher end cabs, but it does have V30s and you can probably find them for a very low price
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I used my B-52 with a Mesa cab with V30 and it sounded pretty good. If you look used you can usually pick them up fairly cheap...the 212's are even cheaper. But I think you're on the right track with a V30 cab.