Page 1 of 2
im goin paintballing with friends next week for 4 hours and im heaps skinny. i can take a punch and not winge about it but ive seen pretty big bruises on big guys who have been paintballing.
will i be pretty much dead after the first hour?
YEEE BRA
Quote by 93dric
im goin paintballing with friends next week for 4 hours and im heaps skinny. i can take a punch and not winge about it but ive seen pretty big bruises on big guys who have been paintballing.
will i be pretty much dead after the first hour?

wince-cringe?
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Winge - Slang for complain. Duh!

Nah, ya'll be fine dude, just remember to try and NOT get shot in the cock. heard some stories n been there.... Not cool.
Man up.
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
Quote by PaulyVengeance

Nah, ya'll be fine dude, just remember to try and NOT get shot in the cock. heard some stories n been there.... Not cool.

A cricket box can come in handy there. Seriously.

Naw though, you'll be fine. Unless you're a puss....
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Quote by PaulyVengeance

Must be an Aussie thing.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by PaulyVengeance

cup = solution?
YEEE BRA
Meh... They pack a punch and the first one will be kinda shocking how hard they hit.. But once you're into the game it's not painful and makes it all the more exciting to not want to get hit.

I wanna go paintballing again

EDIT: Put your ammo pack on your belt in front of your balls.
Ya a skinny guy right? Wear baggier clothes, that way the balls won't be hitting the skin straight away, they'll have to go against the air trapped in ya clothes, slowing them down slightly, and reducing impact.
Quote by Bearded_Seth

EDIT: Put your ammo pack on your belt in front of your balls.

brilliant!

lol dw i can take hits i get owned in hxc pits alot. just worried about the bodily harm im getting into. ie. nothing broken, still fertile.
YEEE BRA
Quote by 93dric
are you guys taking into account that im heaps skinny?

So am I, just wear wear relatively baggy clothes, don't stress. It's really not that painful, just enough to encourage you to keep your head down
It's not that bad, although in saying that I've only been shot in the arse with a paint ball gun so I guess that's only part of your body that has some padding so to speak.

The main thing you have to worry about really is your pride, if your friends are on a different team and they annihilate you don't expect to hear the end of it.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Big guys may have more fat or muscle to absorb the impact, most of the pain comes from the paint ball splashing against the external skin layer anyway. Being skinny won't make the pain that much worse.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Quote by WaitWhat?
It's not that bad, although in saying that I've only been shot in the arse with a paint ball gun so I guess that's only part of your body that has some padding so to speak.

The main thing you have to worry about really is your pride, if your friends are on a different team and they annihilate you don't expect to hear the end of it.

Haha I shot my teamate in the arse thinking he was on the other team

He was crouched down at cover facing away from me.. How could I resist..

I can still hear the yelp he made
hahaha lol il probably do (and cop) some friendly fire of my own. were all friends and nobodys gna take it seriously.
YEEE BRA
in ancient egypt, the game was called painball and was played by throwing carved rocks at each other.

the modern variant is a bit more gentle.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
It depends where you get hit, face hits don't hurt at all but daze you a little, places like the neck and hands hurt quite a bit, and of course the balls and arse, really its just more of a shock when you get hit, especially if it comes out of nowhere.

One thing i will say is that with the adrenaline pumping its easy to get a little clumsy, a few years ago, we all darted off down the field when the game started, i was running at full speed and just tripped over a branch and landed on my face, it didn't hurt much but it could have been worse, and last time i went i slid across the foor on my knees to some cover, but it was on concrete and my knee came down on a jagged stone, so that really hurt and what sucked even more was that i was being shot at the whole time, made it to the cover but it still hurt alot more than a paintball hit.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Demon Wolf
in ancient egypt, the game was called painball and was played by throwing carved rocks at each other.

the modern variant is a bit more gentle.

Beats getting hit with the gas can when ya shoot somebody...Fucking bad losers...
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Beats getting hit with the gas can when ya shoot somebody...Fucking bad losers...

Jesus, what kind of morons do you play with? The only time i ever feel tempted to do that is when people are blatantly cheating.
WHOMP

Well...i kinda have my own gun, n the range and power is a lot higher than the stock guns that ya get to play with, and i shot someone from quite a distance, n then watched as they wiped the paint off, so i quietly called a marshall over, told him to watch- shot the guy again, he wiped the paint off, marshall saw this time .............unfortunately i was hiding right near the entrane to the dead zone, n the guy whacked me in the back of the head as he walked past.
When my friends and I did it we weren't wearing any T-shirts under the overalls, and it wasn't really painful then! You'll be fine if you wear clothes, it won't hurt that much then.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Well...i kinda have my own gun, n the range and power is a lot higher than the stock guns that ya get to play with, and i shot someone from quite a distance, n then watched as they wiped the paint off, so i quietly called a marshall over, told him to watch- shot the guy again, he wiped the paint off, marshall saw this time .............unfortunately i was hiding right near the entrane to the dead zone, n the guy whacked me in the back of the head as he walked past.

What an asshole, he should even be on the field, the only time i think its ok to rub the paint off is if its as soon as the game starts, everyone sprays paintballs down the other side of the area, and it sucks to get hit before you have even done anything, mainly because you feel conned out of a game.
WHOMP

Quote by 93dric
im also assuming itl hurt more if your closer?

Not necessarily dude, depends on where ya get hit.
Man I shit my pants the first time I was shot with one. They pack a punch. But when you're out there, adrenaline takes away 90% of the pain. It's the after days that you gotta worry about.

Paintball is so fun. They do it in a ravine type thing out here. It has the ravine, and then a really big rocky hill covered in giant boulders for capture the flag. It's the most fun I think I've ever had.
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Quote by 93dric
are you guys taking into account that im heaps skinny?

I'm probably skinnier than you.

I've taken balls (ololol) to the top and back of the head, and the hand which have all drawn blood. The adreneline will keep you from complaining.

If they give you overalls or something, you'll be absolutely fine, and the worst you could get for is what I got.

If you're wearing your own clothes, take something that covers your arms and legs, if you're really worried. Really stings the skin. (And makes you bleed if it's from really close.)
yeah, seriously dude, I'm a skinny little bitch and I go paintballing with my mates all the time. Naturally, I'm half-ninja so I barely ever get hit (the other half is giant tortoise... don't ask what my forefathers did, it's their business, not mine, nor yours) but when you get hit, it may sting initially, but it's nothing to really bitch about.
The only time it really hurts particularly bad is when they graze your hand, so gloves aren't a bad idea. If you're really worried about it though, wear a sweater or something like that to absorb the impact.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
sweet sounds like i should be fine. im a guy so naturally i like shooting anything and everything and probably would love to get shot within 10 mins of playing.
YEEE BRA
Quote by 93dric
sweet sounds like i should be fine. im a guy so naturally i like shooting anything and everything and probably would love to get shot within 10 mins of playing.

There probably will be a point where you aren't afraid of getting tagged anymore and decide to just make a run for it, if you do that, make sure you aren't running headlong into someone, adrenaline took over once when we were in a stalemate and i charged, but it turns out i was running straight towards someone across open ground, long story short i got shot about 30 times everywhere but my nuts, and some of it was probably friendly fire.
WHOMP

i've been hit a few times, including one time right onto my bare hand. it didnt hurt, so im guessing maybe the guy who shot me had his velocity way down.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Pain is an essential part of paintball.

And if you expose your crotch area, you deserve to get shot.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
It's not too bad once you're used to it. I used to play tourneyball though, which involves shooting about 15 balls per second, so I had a lot of chances to get used to it...

Just try and avoid getting shot in the throat, because that sucks.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I've been paintballing a few times (haven't for 2 years though) and the most painful hit I ever took was a bullet I took with the back of my hand. I was lifting it up or something and a ball just hit smack right in the centre of the back of my hand. I think it was someone from my own team shooting out from behind me or something that didn't realize I was standing up. It was pretty sore. Every other time I was hit, it hurt a bit, but it wasn't anything that would send you out on a stretcher.
Page 1 of 2