Hello folks!
I have a fret regarding question: I currently have Dunlop jumbo 6100 on my axe. These frets are great for bends. But they are awful for slides. The finger just stops in them.
I tried yesterday a guitar with small frets(like fender). The bends were hell hard to make, but the slides were just flowing.

So my question is: Which frets are the most ballanced (for bends and slides). Maybe the 6105?

Thank you
The best balance is to learn how to slide without bumping into frets.

Use the tip of your finger and make sure you stay on top of the string and not "kind of" on it.
Quote by Vlasco
The best balance is to learn how to slide without bumping into frets.

Use the tip of your finger and make sure you stay on top of the string and not "kind of" on it.

Well, getting used would be one option, but I tell you: When I switched the guitars, I was obviously using the same technique, but on the fender-sized frets, it was sightly easier to slide.
I guess there is theory in that. My 6100 frets are really tall and the fret itself seems to be a slide-stopper
Smaller frets will make it easier to slide, but why would you replace your guitar or re-fret your neck when you could work for about an hour or two and get used to sliding good on big frets?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Smaller frets will make it easier to slide, but why would you replace your guitar or re-fret your neck when you could work for about an hour or two and get used to sliding good on big frets?

Yeah I got used to it but I was asking this for my next custom guitar
Quote by DethDroogie
Well, getting used would be one option, but I tell you: When I switched the guitars, I was obviously using the same technique, but on the fender-sized frets, it was sightly easier to slide.
I guess there is theory in that. My 6100 frets are really tall and the fret itself seems to be a slide-stopper

You were using the same slightly sloppy technique, which is why it was easier. If slides are the issue you are having with tall frets then you should simply clean up your technique - it isn´t at all about getting used to tall frets themselves.
I could do it perfectly...but I felt something stopping me in the tall frets. That's all
Small frets r more confy here