So two days ago I bought a used Peavey Delta Blues amp. I love the amp. It sounds great. The problem that I am having is that I am getting a good bit of tuble rattle when I hit low notes. Should I take the amp back and trade it for something else? Or is their an easy fix to the problem?
i had the same problem with my amp, i just took the tube covers off. problem solved.
I wouldn't trade it, it's a great amp. See how you can fix it, like take it to your shop and tell them to fix it. They'll do it for free because it'll be under warranty (at least my shop would)
Quote by WtrPlyr
I wouldn't trade it, it's a great amp. See how you can fix it, like take it to your shop and tell them to fix it. They'll do it for free because it'll be under warranty (at least my shop would)

Since it's used, it may not have a warranty.

But I think you should get it fixed. If you like it, there's no need to buy a new one.
Tube rattle's an easy fix, it just takes a little diagnostic fiddling.
Check that's it's truly tube rattle thusly (you will need some one to help):

Repeatedly play this problematic low-note.
Get it to start rattling.

Using a clean cloth (or oven mitt, that's what I do, lol) gently push "in" on each tube tube unitl the rattle goes away, then you've found your rattly tube. Put a tube ring on it.

It may be that all of them rattle, in which case, tube rings on them all.

If tube rings don't fully eliminate it, it could be that your tube-retainers aren't up to snuff.
If it has the "bear-claw" style, switch to spring and cap style.

Beyond this, you may be looking at loose/damaged sockets.

It's worth mentioning that you can cut down on vibrations to the amp unit by making sure the cab itself has no loose or rattly spots, or putting in a strip of cushioning around the baffle where it's attached to the cab.
It is the tube in slot 1 that is giving me the problems. It seems to stop when you put pressure on the tube. I also noticed it seems to have less rattle after the tubes warm up for about 30 min.
Quote by accord dude
It is the tube in slot 1 that is giving me the problems. It seems to stop when you put pressure on the tube. I also noticed it seems to have less rattle after the tubes warm up for about 30 min.

Bingo-bango.

Tube ring it, replace it, or put a spring cap on it.

Wait, when you say slot one, is this a preamp tube, ie V1, or is it just the first power tube?

If power tube, see above.
If preamp tube, just replace it.
Last edited by Rutch at Dec 9, 2009,