I have an Epiphone dot and I use it with a Marshall Valvestate S80. I love my guitar but recently when I ever jam with another guitarist when I play it sounds real muddy. I changed the EQ settings and turned down the gain and turned the volume up on the amp and tried everything I can think of, but it still sounds pretty muddy. Are there any good pickups that would help it sound much more clear but still have plenty of bite. I play stuff like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Free, so just a hard rock/ classic rock tone. Price isn't too much of an issue because Xmas is coming up and I only need the bridge replacing because I rarely use the neck pickup. Thanks in advance.
Dave
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
You might want to look into a GFS mean 90. It is a HB sized p90, and when I hear the word "bite" I immediately think of p90s. Although you could also go with a PAF style HB, or even a seymour duncan JB. I'd also suggest maybe a small valve combo amp.
have you tried playing thru you amp with another guitar?
Well look into some JB by Seymour Duncan...classic pickups.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!