hi everyone

i would like to do the analogman silver mod to my TS808, however i would rather do it myself than pay all that money for them to do it.

ive been searching for what is exactly what is modded, but i cant seem to find out. does anyone here know how its done, or has a link telling me what is done? thanks alot guys and gals.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
can anyone offer some assistance here?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
does anyone know at all?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
i dont want pay to ship the pedal to him and and then pay him to solder a couple of parts when im handy with a soldering iron myself. and kurtlives, maybe you shouldnt be "cheap" and buy a real marhsall 18 watt, fender vibro champ, fender deluxe reverb, tweed deluxe, and dumble ODS. or just dont be the biggest hypocrite in the world lol.

and the silver modded ts9 i played one time sounded great IMO, which is why im asking what goes into the mod.

let me rephrase the question then:
how can i mod my tubescreamer to increase the bass abit, make it more transparent, make it over all clearer, and also give it a bit more clean gain and also have a wider range with the drive knob? (low settings cleaner, and high settings have more distortion without getting fizzy)
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Well there goes the info I was going to tell you on the mod.

And for your information hot shot there is info out there that tells exactly what the mod is. Nothing revolutionary, standard TS mods, think of them yourself.

Don't tell me I was being rude to start. Mike makes his living selling pedals and mods and you essentially want that for free.
Quote by kurtlives91
Well there goes the info I was going to tell you on the mod.

And for your information hot shot there is info out there that tells exactly what the mod is. Nothing revolutionary, standard TS mods, think of them yourself.

Don't tell me I was being rude to start. Mike makes his living selling pedals and mods and you essentially want that for free.

i didnt once tell you you were rude, in fact i (in a lighthearted way, whence the "LOL") mentioned that you yourself have "stolen" someone elses hardwork. people make their living on making those amps you know, just like mike makes money on modding pedals.

i have failed to find the information on what the mod is, which is why i came here. i know how to solder, buy i do not know much about electronics, so i cant just "think of them myself". again, thats why i came here.
i would rather you not say anything than tell me "yeah i know exactly what you are wanting to know, but im not going to tell you what it is." that, if you ask me, is spam, and is against the rules.

i would greatly appreciate it though, if you or anyone, would help me by answering one of my questions or at least pointing me in the right direction. thanks.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
If you want more clean gain, you can use germanium diodes in the pedal. I used a pair in a ts808 I built and was quite pleased with it. Pictures on analogman's site also seem to show him using germanium diodes.

You can also produce asymetrical clipping, which many people seem to find more musical. To do this you would replace one diode with two diodes and leave the other as just one.

If you want more bass you can increase the value of C1 to something like .04uf. The larger the capacitor is the more bass that will be allowed. You don't want to make it to large, otherwise you will let too much bass through and end up with a boomy mess.

As far as more expressive drive knob, this may give you that. I am not sure, but I really liked the way that my ts808 sounded.
thanks guys, both of you.

ive been scouring freestompboxes.org actually, however ive been searching for something else, have tried searching for this yet. thanks both of you again. if anyone has anything else to add please do.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.