It was discontinued, does anyone know what Schecters replacement model is? I've been reading the C-1 classic and it has a lot of versatility. And I love the design. How much did this guitar sell for a few years ago? Cause I did find someone selling for $800 but I don't know, I could probably get a newer model for that. I don't need tremolo or floyd rose im just a simple guy looking for a simple guitar. I was going to get the hellraiser instead but EMG pick-ups might not be for me. I mean I like playing metal but i'm more of a ryhtem background player not a lead guitarist so i'm not sure if I need that major punch that the EMG provides, plus I like to play clean a lot of times too.

Thanks for any replies!
Last edited by Whipsmack at Dec 9, 2009,
They still make a C1 classic dude, it's even on their website!

Er I still prefer HIGH output passives with ceramic magnets

Blackouts- Sound good heavy and on lead
EMG-sounds better clean

while duncan SH-6 seems to do it all with the right amp

I've noticed amps like the valveking prefer actives
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Last edited by xDarrellx87x at Dec 9, 2009,
what ever it is that's what I'm getting, the c1 classic was my 1st choice but then it got discontinued..don't think they would replace it its one of there best selling models so i think they might improve the design with more responsive volume,tone pots and coil tapping but i don't know...need to see the 2010 catalog
It may be true that new models are coming however they still
have the axe on their webpage I'm sure some local shop
has it somewhere if not ebay

Gain boost Switch
Do you think the hellraiser active EMG's would be too much for clean and background guitars?
Quote by Whipsmack
Do you think the hellraiser active EMG's would be too much for clean and background guitars?

with a 60N and 85B seems to be best, however I still prefer
the Passives, I'm no fan of the hell-raiser guitar though

Gain boost Switch
Just buy a used Classic

You can pick them up for like $400, which is half of what they were new. The Classic is/was the best guitar that Schecter made IMO and it always makes me sad when I see one on Craigslist that has the pickups swapped out for EMGs The Duncans that come in it sound great for metal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Stores like zzounds, musicians friend, americanmusical were selling classics for $500 recently. They sold out very quickly of course. You probably don't want a green one, but if you do, theres a new one on ebay for $545. I bought a green one from the same guy and I love it.

It used to be sold for $749 US, then after the economy went bad it went up to $799. When I was searching for one, I was told by many stores that it had been discontinued so its no rumour. Maybe email schecter and ask them if it will be replaced with a similar model, they usually reply.
$800 is alright compared to over here in the U.K
brand new they are £800, so you get them for half the price anyway -.-, which sucks
hopefully my shop will be able to get one in so I can try it out, if I like it I will probably be buying it, if not I may get the c-1 atx (non fr)

the replacements . . . erm . . . http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-PROTOTYPES-C266.aspx there are the apparant prototypes
I dunno, lets wait and see what their new line is
wont know until they show off the new line up
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
wont know until they show off the new line up

this.

to xDarrellx87x: the classic is discontinued. even though it is still on the site. it's only there because there are still new ones to be bought and there are a few left at their warehouse. when their last shipment goes out, then after a month or two after that, they'll take it off the website.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
AFter further reasearch the Schecter Solo-6 Classic is the closest replacement to the C1-Classic. I think the solo-6 has the most verstality, but its a really ugly tobacco color I actualyl really want the classic green one
I was suprised when they started discontinuing them because it definitely was one of their more popular guitars, especially among those who usually didn't like the 'metal' orientation of many Schecter guitars. I have an '06 model in amber and I think i'm going to hang onto it for awhile and see where the prices go. I would be extremely suprised if the prices go up because it wasn't a special edition or limited run, but it's just a great guitar thats fun to play.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
i hope its replacement isnt too different from it. i gotta get some funds and get my hands on one of them

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

I emailed Schecter and they replied within 1 hour!

"Hi Rob,

Thanks for contacting Schecter.

That is correct that the C-1 Classic has been discontinued for 2010. We have replaced it with the C-1 Custom. I have attached picture so you can have a look. You can pre-order this guitar from Billy Hyde if you are interested.

Thanks,

Ryan Martin

International Sales Manager"

Solo custom? thats exactly the same guitar that i own just a different name.

Then again, this means that i own one of very few SOLO 6 classics. In australia they don't even sell them so thats pretty cool.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Last edited by SOADriff at Dec 10, 2009,
Schecter Guitars was started by David Schecter in Van Nuys California in 1976. At the time they offered replacement parts for Gibson and Fender guitars. Some of their products included brass pickguards and tapped pickups. The Tapped pickup is one of the best things to happen to guitar pickups. It allows you to have a double coil pickup in a single coil package as well as the ability to turn on and off the 2nd single coil pickup. This allows you to get either a single or double coil (humbucker like) sound. They were also the company that came up with the cool looking black chrome.

From there they grew and started to manufacture guitars and relocated to Dallas Texas. The guitars were mass produced which lowered their quality and sound. This apparently is where the reputation of making "Fender Knock-offs" came from. It wasn't until 1991 when they were purchased by the owner of the Los Angeles Musician's Institute and EPS guitars and was brought back to Los Angeles. EPS and Schecter are owned and operated by two different companies. They changed direction and while still making custom guitars they started manufacturing lesser expensive guitars for younger players. They introduced the Tempest, Avenger, and Hellcat models and also moved manufacturing to Inchon, South Korea. They then introduced their Diamond series guitars and were also the first guitar to have a low-B string. At the time 7-string guitars were used mainly by heavy metal guitars.

Pete Townshend had Schecter build him a custom Tele that had two humbucker pickups. This along with the endorsement of Mark Knopfler put them on the map - the guitar manufacturer's map. They then went on to create guitars for metal guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen. Today they have over 70 models of guitars as well as the Cure's guitarist Robert Smith model. They also create custom guitars in their custom guitar shop. The C-1 Classic is still my favorite!
***No Advertising***
Last edited by allisa at Dec 24, 2009,
^Rightio then....

C1 Custom looks great, the new inlays looked better then those shitty vine tree inlay.
from the looks of things the c-1 custom has a short scale neck and medium frets, compared to the 25.5 in scale and jumbo frets of the classic
hmm =\
just bring back the classic I say
Quote by Rapter-paul
from the looks of things the c-1 custom has a short scale neck and medium frets, compared to the 25.5 in scale and jumbo frets of the classic
hmm =\

Oh damn, I didn't even notice. That blue one looked so nice as well.
wow I just bought a blue c1 classic that is "blemished" for $400 so i'm pretty happy. Now I got all this money left over for a hellraiser for those days I need some active EMGs
Quote by Rapter-paul
hmm =\

this. this looks like a different run of the C-1 +
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by robert_says
Oh damn, I didn't even notice. That blue one looked so nice as well.

In addition to the shorter scale and smaller frest, its a set-neck instead of neck-thru.

Classic>Custom.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...