How can I take a bass that looks like this...
http://www.gregbennettguitars.com/fn1.html

and make it look like this...
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Jaco-Pastorius-Fretless-Jazz-Bass-Guitar?sku=510486

just the body part.
I want my bass to have no pickguard, but of course just taking of the pickguard would leave exposed electronis and empty spaces in the wood.
Any ideas?
John 3:16 = Truth

Sight reading tableture = Guitar Hero for real guitarists
Eh... paint over it? Maybe you could fill it in with wood, then stain/paint it to match the rest of the finish? That'd be kind of difficult though, and it still wouldn't look natural. Honestly, I'm not sure if you COULD pull this off and make it look good. Why don't you just get a bass without a pickguard?
My heart beats in 4/4, not the other way around.

Do your part. Join TVTropes.
Im poor. haha
I was actually planning on putting a sunburst finish on it instead of the current color so I wouldn't have to worry about matching anything.

Maybe you could swing it, then. I'm not overly creative with this kind of thing, so, any other ideas, people?
My heart beats in 4/4, not the other way around.

Do your part. Join TVTropes.
Why wouldn't you want a pickguard? I don't see any advantages to not having one.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
They will be twin boys named God and Satan and I will make them fight each other.

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/index.shtml
Quote by sg255
If I cross the street to get away from them, then it's a latino.
Maybe post this in gear building and customizing, those guys over there have brains for this kind of thing.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
A major problem I can see occuring involves two things:

1) The electronics are attached to the pickguard. This means that you will need to get yourself a control plate. Not much of a problem in itself. However, this leads onto problem 2:

2) The routing underneath the pickguard. As far as I'm aware, Greg Bennett instruments are cheap, and this often means sacrificing and cutting corners, of which rout quality is one victim. A well routed instrument will have as few gaps as possible. A lot of cheaper models basically have huge canyons of routs, and the control cavity rout may well bleed into the neck pickup rout. This is going to leave you a very ugly instrument if you take the pickguard off and manage to fit on a control plate.

EDIT: And I've just found a number 3: input jack. You should be able to find a control plate with space for an input jack. If not, it'd be a case of making a new hole somewhere for an input jack.
Take off your pickguard and look underneath and see what you have to deal with, and then maybe you'll reconsider. While it could be done, it would require a lot of routing, filling, rerouting, and lots of work. I only filled in the middle pickup cavity and it took alot of work to get it smooth and even then, I could always see the outline of it.

And even if you did fill it all in, you're going to want to paint it a dark color. Trying to sunburst to show off the grain or something, is out of the question.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
I have a new bass already, so nothing is at risk.
I like the sunburst design, but there isn't any real way to do that with a pickguard, which I have no use for.

It'd turn in to a major project, pretty much a rebuild, but you could gut your bass, take off the pickguard, and put a thin top on it i suppose, the only thing would be that you would need to route out a control cavity in the back for access to the electronics, and I'm not sure what you would do about the neck pocket...

I'd say go to GB&C with this question, they may have a more creative, workable answer.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Take off the pickguard and see what the cavity underneath is. If its like this.

Then you might be able to just shape a pickguard portion for the control cavity or get something to cover that, or fill it like I did in the pic I showed above. Cut a piece of a piece of wood the size of the hole, use a chisel to make it fit, hammer it in, sand it to level, fill edges with wood putty, sand, sand, fill, sand, paint and go from there.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Dude, no pic ^

Check your link, maybe?
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
You could perhaps buy a pickguard that is the same colour as the body. Although your bass would still have a pickguard, it would be much more discreet.
Hi.
You could add would to your pickup cavity then paint it so you cover up all the gnarly mismatched grain. I think a sunburst with no grain would look wierd but tis probably the only way to do it.
no sir away a papaya war is on