Hi there UG
Currently I'm building a firefly tube amp, and I was thinking of wishing for a speaker cabinet to it for Christmas.
So I wonder what model I should take. I wan't something that's not too expensive, something that's good for metal, and I want it to be good enough to be able keep it a long time. It doesn't need to be really big, I will not be playing big concerts with it.

Thanks

PS. I know absolutely nothing about cabs, since I've only owned cheap combos like Roland micro cube and stuff like that.
a 2x12" cab with Celestion Vintage 30's wouldn't be a bad choice. You can find affordable ones like that, for instance Framus makes a certain cab like that that's pretty cheap.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Where do you live?
What valves will your amp build contain?
What kind of tone do you like?
How much gain will you be using?
Quote by The^Unforgiven
a 2x12" cab with Celestion Vintage 30's wouldn't be a bad choice. You can find affordable ones like that, for instance Framus makes a certain cab like that that's pretty cheap.

+1 on the Framus. Very good sound, it's just the construction thats somewhat cheap. But if u dont kick it around it's pretty good (I'm getting one )
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Where do you live?
What valves will your amp build contain?
What kind of tone do you like?
How much gain will you be using?

I live in sweden, the valves are 12AX7 I think, I play mostly metallica and paul gilbert stuff atm. So i want to be able to get a good sound for both metal riffs and chords, as well as soloing.
I meant the power valves, not the preamp valves.

I owned the Framus Dragon 4x12 for a while. I thought it was a great cabinet. The 2x12 is essentially the same, just smaller. I recommend it.