Right i just thought id ask on here because i'm sure someone will be able to give me a good clear answer.

I know stuff like the pick ups and materials used to make a guitar will effect how much a guitar is worth, but what makes it worth paying more for example a 600 pound Ibanez guitar than a random 50 pound guitar. I dont know if im making it clear what im asking, but how can i tell which guitar is better while looking at all of the specification? And yes, i know some of it will come down to opinion, but im sure a 600 pound ibanez is going to sound better to everyone rather than a 50 pound random guitar.

If you think you understand what im asking, please try and explain
Gear:

Westone: Thunder 2
BOSS: Heavy Metal HM-2
Marlin: HML 10L
Peavey: Vypyr 30
Erm types of wood used, the main good ones are alder, ash, mahogany, basswood, maple, rosewood, there are alot more, but theyre the most common you'll see.
The quality of the wood used.
The quality of the craftmanship, a higher priced guitar is likely to have alot more care taken in the production to stop you from suing them, less likely to have sharp frets, cosmetic flaws, better set up and action.
The quality of electronics; pots, switches, jacks even the actual wires, makes for more durable electronics and a fuller sound.
The quality of the stock pickups. (Doesnt always aply though.)
Quality of hardware, a better nut, better tuners and better bridge/tremolo will make the guitar more stable.
Better asthetics, it'll probably look prettier, no cheap 1ply pickguards or crappy knobs.
Probably more ive missed.
Last edited by beckyjc at Dec 9, 2009,
thanks for the help
Gear:

Westone: Thunder 2
BOSS: Heavy Metal HM-2
Marlin: HML 10L
Peavey: Vypyr 30