As far as the LX120H goes, i don't own one but i already played it, and it's very nice.
Considering its features, for me is one of the best amp heads out there for the price.

Personally, i don't like the LX412A cabinet... I'd look around for a better cab to go with that head.
But hey, if you like it, go for it.

EDIT:
Yeah, as tim_mop said, the on-board distortion isn't that great, but it has pretty decent cleans.
You can get rock and jazz tones with the on-board effects, but for heavier stuff you'll need a good distortion pedal. On the other hand, it has a bunch of effects (chorus, reverb, delay, flanger,etc...), which always come in handy if you just like to experiment with that stuff.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Dec 9, 2009,
It depends what sound you're after, for cleans its nice, but not so hot on the distortion really.

TM
Quote by tim_mop
It depends what sound you're after, for cleans its nice, but not so hot on the distortion really.

TM

Either way I'm the kinda guy that uses pedals for distortion so that shouldn't be a problem if the head is lacking rock power haha

Edit: Hell I can get a good sound out of a crappy little Fender practise amp so getting a goood tone out of this shouldn't be hard eh?
Last edited by ImmoralityOf at Dec 9, 2009,