What are some really good pickups for playing metal? I would like some suggestions because i want to get good pickups for my guitar.
What's your amp?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Well i put a dimarzio drop sonic in my old epi sg and the sound was pretty fat and chunky. Its good if you play in a lot of drop tunings.
My Gear:
PRS CE 22 Tortoise Shell 2008
Epiphone SG Korina Custom 2004
Gibson Lg-1 Vintage 1965 Acoustic
Marshall AVT 50
I'd recommend looking into a new amp first. A pickup swap with your current amp isn't going to make much of a difference.
Pretty much what Will said, but I have the same amp but the 2X10 version. What kind of sounds are you trying to get out of it and what is your current guitar? Maybe I can help with some settings.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Heavier doesn't help.

What models are you using now? What settings? Is there a tone you are trying to aim for (band or artist wise)?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Yeah wut everyone else said...id look at amps first.

But to answer your question, i think EMG's are the best pickups for metal
amp first
then pups
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
As everyone says amp first then pickups…

However, if you give us some bands you want to sound like, tell us exactly how you want your tone to change, along with what amp you are considering, it makes it easier to make recommendations.

Also… what wood is that KH guitar?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN?
almost every single pickup thread I've seen as long as I've been on gg&a involves someone who wants a better sound through a shit amp. AMP FIRST. Then if you still need to tweak your sound, change your pickups. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. An amp has a much bigger impact. Figured this out after playing my Schecter and my friend's Ibanez through my old amp (Line 6 spider. ) and having them sound EXACTLY THE SAME. Same friend is now using his Ibanez with the stock pickups through an Orange Rocker 30. Much more drastic difference in sound.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
I just got a new amp a couple months ago so that isnt gonna change. Some bands i want to sound like are System of a Down, Metallica, Lamb of God, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Motley Crue, Five Finger Death Punch, and so on.
Your not get closer to those sounds with that amp, however if you can eq good, that would be better than new pickups.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Well, what kind of metal do you play? and whats your current eq settings.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ