I got my Catalinbread WIIO in the mail Monday but today has been the first day I have gotten to mess around with it due to finals at school. But I'm pretty convinced that this is not the pedal for me. I love to play classic rock music and love the sound of The Who but I just can't get a good sound out of this pedal. I'm almost positive it's my equipment. Mostly my pickups. (Running EMG's) I'll continue to mess around with it and maybe I'll figure out how to get a good tone.

Took Pics with Iphone so sorry about crappy quality.

Last edited by CrackTheSkye at Dec 9, 2009,
HNPD?

Your guitar's pickups are probably the culprit...especially if you're using the V50. Those are great amps
Quote by eyebanez333
HNPD?

Your guitar's pickups are probably the culprit...especially if you're using the V50. Those are great amps

Thanks.. And yes I'm using my Palomino V50.
My thoughts exactly about the pickups. I'm thinking of changing it to passive. I used to play mostly metal but now I play a wide array of music and styles so I'm gonna have to go with some pickups that are more versatile. I'm starting to dislike the EMG's more and more.

Nightraven - Not so sure I want to get rid of it. I know its a great pedal. Since I'm considering going from active to passive with my pickups I'll get more use out of it later on. But if I decide to, I'll let you know.
Nice HNPD!

But yeaeh, I don't how your expecting a good classic rock tone with EMG's
Yeah I'm pretty much past the EMG's and going to be looking into switching them to passives.
not the hype like on HCFX lol
what number is yours?

congrats HNPD!!
Fender American Deluxe Strat, Epiphone Firebird Studio Worn Cherry, Adam Black S5ce

Dunlop Crybaby, Korg Pitchblack, Keeley BD-2, Proco Vintage Rat, MXR Script Phase 90, Danelectro Chorus, Marshall Echohead

Peavey Classic 30
Quote by unet
Out of curiosity, did you pay $959 for it?

More like 159$ from Tonefactor.

If I had 959$ I definitely wouldn't have spent it on a WIIO. I'm no dummy.

I'm not sure what number it is. It doesn't say. I was never on the list to buy one. After I started hearing about the WIIO and watching Bobby D's video on youtube. I loved the tone and emailed Brad at Tonefactor. He told me he had a WIIO unspoken for so I sent him 159$ and I got my WIIO a couple days later.
I love how the guy bought Ming's for $959 and you got one that was still unspoken for after that.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by nightraven
no they were all gone when the flipping began a last week

hell, they were 'spoken for' in the original sign up list before they were even built

Guess somebody didn't follow through.

BTW I found out what number it is. I overlooked it the other day when I had the back off. It's 56/100
Schweet pedal... HNPD!

Catalinbread doesn't get much lurve around here... glad to see another Catabread user!

Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Thanks guys. I want to change my pickups to passives but I'm thinking it would be to hard for me to do and I'm not sure if there are any shops around here that could do it. Pretty small town and most of the instrument shops that have been opened, didn't last long.
Quote by ragingkitty
Schweet pedal... HNPD!

Catalinbread doesn't get much lurve around here... glad to see another Catabread user!

I love Catalinbread! I wish I couldve snagged a WIIO.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by CrackTheSkye
Thanks guys. I want to change my pickups to passives but I'm thinking it would be to hard for me to do and I'm not sure if there are any shops around here that could do it. Pretty small town and most of the instrument shops that have been opened, didn't last long.

Its actually a pretty simple process, just time consuming.

Quote by Bloodshed
I love Catalinbread! I wish I couldve snagged a WIIO.

too man

But no Dirty Little Secret? Probably their most hyped up pedal.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Last edited by ragingkitty at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by ragingkitty
Its actually a pretty simple process, just time consuming.

Yeah that's what I been told. But I wouldn't know where to start. If i could find a tutorial or wiring diagram or something online that would probably help me out.

And i wouldn't have any idea of what pickups to get.
I already have a DLS....and its worth the hype. I got mine for $39!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
I already have a DLS....and its worth the hype.

Word... but it still is their most hyped up pedal nonetheless. I understand the HC forums go bananas over it.

Quote by Bloodshed
I got mine for $39!

Now that's illegal... care to share a pic?

Quote by CrackTheSkye
Yeah that's what I been told. But I wouldn't know where to start. If i could find a tutorial or wiring diagram or something online that would probably help me out.

And i wouldn't have any idea of what pickups to get.

Are you serious about changing pickups?

I can guide you through it... but I don't want to go into details unless you're really keen.

I can guide you from pickup selection through to installation and finishing.

You'll need to set aside a full day if you've never had experience with electronics.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )

Not the best pic of my board but oh well I had to use my friends macbook camera. The DLS is on the front. Basically I got it for cheap because I bought a HBE Power Screamer at work for $30. Add about $9 for tax and then shipping to the guy that traded me the DLS then i'm out for $39.
Best $39 pedal ever!!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed

Not the best pic of my board but oh well I had to use my friends macbook camera. The DLS is on the front. Basically I got it for cheap because I bought a HBE Power Screamer at work for $30. Add about $9 for tax and then shipping to the guy that traded me the DLS then i'm out for $39.
Best $39 pedal ever!!

That is truly illegal...

Well I suppose one good turn deserves another....

Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Nice pedals guys.

Yes I am interested in changing. Not quite sure when I'll be able to do it as i'm kinda low on funds right now since it's the holidays but I'm really serious about it.
Quote by CrackTheSkye
Nice pedals guys.

Yes I am interested in changing. Not quite sure when I'll be able to do it as i'm kinda low on funds right now since it's the holidays but I'm really serious about it.

You can drop me a PM or something when you want to start changing... I can help you with my experience.... since i started where you are now, knowing next to nothing.

Don't worry... it doesn't take a degree in rocket science.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
You can drop me a PM or something when you want to start changing... I can help you with my experience.... since i started where you are now, knowing next to nothing.

Don't worry... it doesn't take a degree in rocket science.

Sounds great. As for suggestions maybe I should get them so I can be doing some research on sound/price.

I'll just list alot of bands I listen to and will more than likely play at one time or another. Its a pretty big list and alot of different styles here but I'm sure I could get close enough.

3 Inches of Blood, Alice In Chains, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Between The Buried and Me, Coheed and Cambria, Deftones, Baroness, God Forbid, Isis, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Led Zeppelin, Mastodon, Metallica, Megadeth, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Kyuss, The Sword, Pantera, Kiss, A Perfect Circle, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Wolfmother, Tool, Unearth, Neil Young, Lynryd Skynyrd, Ac/Dc, Black Sabbath, The Who, Queen, Rolling Stones, Tom Petty

So as you can see. The pickups need to be pretty versatile.
your standard PAF's should cover just about all of that, maybe a tad hotter than normal on second thought
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by CrackTheSkye
Sounds great. As for suggestions maybe I should get them so I can be doing some research on sound/price.

I'll just list alot of bands I listen to and will more than likely play at one time or another. Its a pretty big list and alot of different styles here but I'm sure I could get close enough.

3 Inches of Blood, Alice In Chains, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Between The Buried and Me, Coheed and Cambria, Deftones, Baroness, God Forbid, Isis, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Led Zeppelin, Mastodon, Metallica, Megadeth, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Kyuss, The Sword, Pantera, Kiss, A Perfect Circle, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Wolfmother, Tool, Unearth, Neil Young, Lynryd Skynyrd, Ac/Dc, Black Sabbath, The Who, Queen, Rolling Stones, Tom Petty

So as you can see. The pickups need to be pretty versatile.

Hmmm that's simply too wide... could you cut it down...

Lets do this... tell me 3 tones you use... clean, rhythm and lead...

Now name me some sounds/bands who you'd like to get the sound of for each of these 3 tones. About 2 - 3 bands/sounds for each of them

Its really no point for me to get you a very versatile set of pickups that will do averagely well for all of these, and not get you any where for some of the sounds.

Its better to get pickups that will do some sounds very well and passingly well for the others.

We can fine tune it once you know your sound base.

For example... maybe you'd like the aggressiveness of LOG combined with the crunch of Metallica for your rhythm section... or maybe you'd like a smooth lead for your neck pup but grinding mids for your bridge pup?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )