Guys I was practicing last night and I noticed my amp was making a whistling noise. Like anytime I hit a note or chord the sound was there with all its glory but there was a high almost whistle sound accompanying it. It wasnt that noticable or obnoxious but I noticed it and my bass player did as well. Any idea what it could be? The Amp is A fender Blues Deluxe
If love was money I could afford you honey.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
How high pitch is this whistle? Is it like a hiss? a squeak? a flat high pitch tone? It could be the cable, the input on the guitar, the input on the amp, or something in the amp.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
its more like a hiss i suppose

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
its like the same tone and its just high and very prominent as the note or chords fade

Is this with distortion or a clean setting? Any pedals? Has the amp always done this?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
You have a toothless hillbilly and a rattlesnake in your amp, put your arm in and try and fish them out!

You may have microphonic valves, so using the pencil test (tap the soft end on the tube lightly and if you hear a thud or noise like that) then you have a case of 'phonic toobz.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Its done this since iv had it (about two weeks) i wasnt running any pedals and it was jus tube driven clean channel pushed into break up. Could it be the tubes rattleing? i heard groove tubes can be bad about that

im thinkin about replaing all the tubes anyway because i personally dont like grooves. i may put some tugs in it to darken it up a little

+1 to the microphonic tubes. Do the pencil test.

Watch out for high voltage, hillbillys, and rattlesnakes, though.
thanks. lol. should i test power or preamp tubes? or both?