My computer won't record right anymore, this started with audacity and now reaper won't work either, they both do everything else but the recordings come out real bad.
If you can help a sound clip of a failed session is on my profile, I can't find help on googl cause i don't know the technical terms, so I come to the true wisdom of the interwebz. Thanks

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
what DI are you using? How is it being routed into your computer (Interface/Direct into soundcard)?

When you look at the recorded audio, do the waveforms look normal?
Or are they smaller looking when it cuts out?
Certified Digidesign Pro Tools Expert

Personal Gear-
Digi 003 Rack, Presonus Firepod
(2)SM57 (1)AKG 414 (1)AT 4040 (2)Shure SM81
PRS SE 24, Ibanez Acoustic.
Fender Super Champ
Kontakt, Battery, Guitar Rig, Pro Tools, Logic.
I'm going straight into my soundcard through my amp, the waveform gets smaller as it cuts out and for the life of me I don't know why, it used to record just then then all of a sudden it makes the noise I posted. I have vista btw, don't know if that matters.

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
Probably an intermittent electrical fault. Probably your cables, so if you have other cables try them.

So you take a direct output of an amp and plug it into a soundcard?

Does the amp sound fine while you play it without recording?
Certified Digidesign Pro Tools Expert

Personal Gear-
Digi 003 Rack, Presonus Firepod
(2)SM57 (1)AKG 414 (1)AT 4040 (2)Shure SM81
PRS SE 24, Ibanez Acoustic.
Fender Super Champ
Kontakt, Battery, Guitar Rig, Pro Tools, Logic.
it's not the cables, they work fine for everything else, it's not my amp because any way i get the sound in it still makes that horrible destructive noise, and i don't think it's my soundcard cause it used to work just fine, case in point my other recording, anyone else have this issue?

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200