I don't know about that, but a bunch of smartasses in my music class (which I'm in right now) are sticking their tongues on midi keyboard power cables and seeing how long they can stand the shock....
I joined them...
I won....
Quote by IROn 5L1nKY
I don't know about that, but a bunch of smartasses in my music class (which I'm in right now) are sticking their tongues on midi keyboard power cables and seeing how long they can stand the shock....
I joined them...
I won....

wow
A guy in my music class got his finger stuck in a flute for like 3 hours
usually your amp or wall outlet, especially if a 2 prong plug.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I actually get this from my jag. So i doubt its the active pickups. Its something to do with the amp not being grounded correctly, and your guitar, as i sometimes feel static on the control plate while touching my jags chrome hardware-y shiney bits (The jack input is directly grounded to the actual hardware)

U can add a capacitor and resistor to your ground bridge connection to stop this from happening, i hear it adds some noise, im just far too lazy to bother doing it possibly risking my death in the process.
sometimes it can be with the guitar. I had some shock issues with one guitar, but not with another into the same amp.

it was a long time ago so i cant really help in fixing this situation.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by R74NOGRADY
wow
A guy in my music class got his dick stuck in a flute for like 3 hours

fixed

@TS ... try getting it properly grounded
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Last edited by kakos at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by kakos
fixed

@TS ... try getting it properly grounded

When i changed the pickups, I brought it to a guy who has been wiring guitars for a LONG time so i think its grounded properly.

Although, i think there used to be a ground wire atached to the FR bridge and now there isn't.
You don't need the ground wire to the spring claw with active pickups, thats why its not there. Just ground to the volume pot. Might be your amp, cause I've never heard a grounding issue before with EMG's.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Well it has happened with my little peavey rage amp too. I thought it was because i had a bass amp, my pedal and the peavey rage all plugged in the same spot. Ive never gotten any shocks from my peavey bandit. maybe it's just my new XXL? how can i fix it if it's the amp?
Anyone have any ideas on what that problem? I'm actually having the same problem with my amp (B-52 at 112). I wouldn't mind figuring this out either.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
Check out this old mod for guitars, have you been playing the guitar/amp in a different room or something? I haven't read anything where this has actually saved a guitarist's life or not but it's worth the time and the $2.00 it costs just in case.

http://alexplorer.net/guitar/mods/shock.html

EDIT: Guitars aren't grounded very well to start with. Most guitars stop buzzing whenever you TOUCH them to an extent but yours is buzzing whenever you do touch it? Sounds like the wires at the input jack were soldered on backwards. You can desolder these and switch them back around to correct it. If you're positive the buzzing issue is something more than normal, read through this thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1032138
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Dec 9, 2009,
you're really not going to solve the problem by fixing the guitar.
unless your 9 volt is somehow zapping you.

the guitar not being grounded is usually a part of the problem but not the reason why you'll get shocked.

the reason (again, unless it's your battery) is usually a plug, outlet or amp grounding issue.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
you're really not going to solve the problem by fixing the guitar.
unless your 9 volt is somehow zapping you.

the guitar not being grounded is usually a part of the problem but not the reason why you'll get shocked.

the reason (again, unless it's your battery) is usually a plug, outlet or amp grounding issue.

Exactly. There shouldn't be any electricity running up through your guitar and shocking you. Something in your amp must be sending a charge through the input and up your cable. Just to be sure, try plugging a cable into your guitar (to activate the pickups/battery) but not into the amp and see if it shocks you then... but I don't see how a 9 volt battery is going to cause much of a jolt.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by R74NOGRADY
When i changed the pickups, I brought it to a guy who has been wiring guitars for a LONG time so i think its grounded properly.

Well, it most likely isn't, based on the symptoms you're describing.
STOP PUTTING YOUR PHENIS IN THE INPUT!

I don't know what the problem is ^^
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by DSOTM80
You don't need the ground wire to the spring claw with active pickups, thats why its not there. Just ground to the volume pot. Might be your amp, cause I've never heard a grounding issue before with EMG's.

Yeah EMG pickups are internally grounded or something so it's not a loose ground wire.
Were u playing ACDC because ...

YOURVE BEEN THUNDERSTRUCK !!!!

YEAH YEAH YEAH THUNDERSTRUCK !!!!
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I have a problem with humming when i play at home, in rehearsal i use all the exact same gear, no hum, so im guessing that is my outlet, try taking your amp to a friends house and testing it all there, if problem no longer occurs, then voila, you have a dodgey power outlet in your home just like i do

PS, Mines so bad that if i use a wah and bring the pedal all the way back i get a constant really loud hum, makes my fulltone clyde deluxe unusable
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
This is the most metal problem of all time, TS's guitar shoots lightning cuz he shreds too hard
A lot of the time when I'm playing along with a cd especially when I'm using ear bud headphones I get shocked inside my ear and its the oddest feeling. I also get shocked on my arm too theres gotta be sum kinda extra current going through my rig what yea it happens all the time.
No, i didnt stick my "phenis" in the jack and I wasn't playing ac dc...

Quote by Talentless
I have a problem with humming when i play at home, in rehearsal i use all the exact same gear, no hum, so im guessing that is my outlet, try taking your amp to a friends house and testing it all there, if problem no longer occurs, then voila, you have a dodgey power outlet in your home just like i do

PS, Mines so bad that if i use a wah and bring the pedal all the way back i get a constant really loud hum, makes my fulltone clyde deluxe unusable

I'm pretty sure I have a good outlet, because my amp does the opposite of what yours does at home. At home, I get no hum, at my friends house or at school, i do get hum.
It's just your lightning skill powering up from your awesome shred skillz.

Nothing to worry about, once you get used to it lightning will shoot down the fretboard and out the headstock at your enemies.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2