hey
i want a new guitar
an ibanez preferable
i play rock and metal mostly and i want an ibanez under £600
get somethin from the ART series i got the ART300 and its pretty awesome, i may put some new pickups in it soon but thats just personal prefrence
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by TANKER69
get somethin from the ART series i got the ART300 and its pretty awesome, i may put some new pickups in it soon but thats just personal prefrence

+1

I have an ART100...one of the few guitars I've bought new. And it was a steal for the $300. Very versatile, and comfortable. Used it for everything from county to metal.
I currently own an Ibanez S670FM and I truly love it, very versatile, thin neck and very light while having pretty good sustain. Problem with Ibanez guitars from factory set up to my take are the pick ups. For the buck you are spending, you should at least get a bit more decent pick ups than the stock ones, but that's just not going to happen.

So here is my advice: spend all you can on the most expensive Ibanez you can get (in this respect, less is not more in the end) and then start saving up for some new pups to put in.
i have an Ibanez RG7321 and it was only like $400 or something (im not sure what that translates to in the Euro...) and i love it. im not sure if you're going with a 7 string but i would recommend it
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer
DTT700

Can get a top RG for that, maybe a used low end RG Prestige (which would definitely be worth the few scratches, dents, etc).

Screw that, do what he said ^.
Quote by TANKER69

Quote by eyebanez333
+1

I have an ART100...one of the few guitars I've bought new. And it was a steal for the $300. Very versatile, and comfortable. Used it for everything from county to metal.

Totally agree!

I love my ART300, relatively cheap but sounds great
Quote by fenderguitarboy
hey
i want a new guitar
an ibanez preferable
i play rock and metal mostly and i want an ibanez under £600

too vague, what bodystyle, pick up configuration, how many frets (22/24), tuners (6 inline or 3 a side), trem or hardtail........
Quote by ibanezgod1973
too vague, what bodystyle, pick up configuration, how many frets (22/24), tuners (6 inline or 3 a side), trem or hardtail........

agreed.....if your not into shredding, 22 frets is more than good enough for you, 24 frets guitar is cater more towards shredder.

if you want more versatile guitar go for H-S-H configuration with a 5 way pick up, Rg series and S series comes with it or you can go into H-H configuration and install a splitter on ur pups to get more varieties. get the wizard neck as that's the best neck the Ibanez provide and also edge zero bridge with ZPS system as the ZPS system allow the string to stay in tune for a long time, but not other people is going to agree on me on this.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
09 Ibanez 7 string UV custom
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Randall T2 HH all tube head
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Last edited by S4V10R_X at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by S4V10R_X
agreed.....if your not into shredding, 22 frets is more than good enough for you, 24 frets guitar is cater more towards shredder.

Absolute steaming bag of bulldung there's lots of normal metal guitarists, rock guitarists and jazz/blues maybe even funk guitarists that use the 23rd and 24th fret.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.