Technically, I've had them for a few days, but hey...

First of all, the Boomerang III Phrase Sampler.

Essentially, it's a looper, but with some extra garnish in the form of options like reverse mode. The main reason why I went for the Boomerang instead of something from Boss or Digitech is that it's wonderfully simple to operate and very well built.

It's got 5 easy to reach/operate foot switches, a few knobs and unlike a lot of Boss, Roland, Korg, etc. products it comes with a clear and well written manual. Once you get the hang of it, creating smooth loops is remarkably easy.

I haven't tried any of the extra stuff yet, but after jamming with the pedal for a few hours I can safely say this is an unbelievably useful piece of kit. Combined with my Roland VG-99 I can create a loop with guitar, synth and bass in roughly the time it takes me to select the sounds and play the parts. The only downside is the pedal doesn't allow you to save any of the backing tracks, also this is the first version of the pedal, which means I'll have to update it in a few months (should be easy).

I can definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a valuable practice and performance tool.

As for the Jemini, it's a pretty straight forward distortion pedal. I'm not unhappy with the distortion from my main amp, but I wanted a bit more variety. On top of that, the Jemini works well when paired with the Boomerang, adding even more options to what is already an amazing pedal.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Niiiiiiiceeeeee. I was GASing for a Jemini at one point, and seeing it there sorta makes me want one again. And that Boomerang pedal is sexy. How much did it all set you back?

HNPD by the way
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Quote by Section 5
Niiiiiiiceeeeee. I was GASing for a Jemini at one point, and seeing it there sorta makes me want one again. And that Boomerang pedal is sexy. How much did it all set you back?

HNPD by the way

Thanks

$439 for the Boomerang (without shipping) and around 200 for the Jemini.
Go Jemini! I have one too. Great sexy pedal and with an even sexier paintjob
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
i didn't even know the boomerangs were out yet? i thought the software wasn't complete..

Technically, they're not out yet. The final software should be completed in a few months from now, but the hardware is completely done. This means you can order the pedal, as long as you can perform the update yourself (you need a USB>MIDI connector and a program that plays MIDI files).

The final version won't be all that different, though. Apart from a few minor details it'll be completely the same.

Quote by denied
HNPD!
I was looking into the jemini for a while but decided that it wasn't what I most needed at the moment. And then went into a pedal buying spree.

Hope you enjoy it

Thanks

Quote by Junnage
Go Jemini! I have one too. Great sexy pedal and with an even sexier paintjob

The paintjob is great (and 80's )

Quote by eyebanez333
HNP'sD!!

Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Dec 9, 2009,