As you know christmas is comin up so its time for some new gear. i was looking to get the Bugera V55 head and a epi. jr. 1x12 cab to go with it but i got an email today from my local shop that they got a Peavey VK100 in stock so what should i go with? or any other suggestions? Max price :$500 and i play classic rock, blues, some hard rock as well
Are you gigging? Plus if you get the valveking you will need atleast a 2x12 as a 1x12 probably wouldn't handle an 100 watt head.
Nah just basement jammin so far but could get to gigging someday and for the VK the shop is also selling a 4x12 for some cheap price so thats what i would get with the VK
Bugera V55
Peavey Classic 30 (used)

COMBOS COMBOS COMBOS!
Seriously, stacks are only worth it if you're playing huge gigs, which I'm guessing you're not.
The VKs a bit ehhh, for lack of a better term, and you don't need anything close to 100 watts, even if you are gigging, 15-30 watts valve suffices in pretty much all gigging situations, if theres a case you need anything louder you will more than likely be miced.

Have a look at these too
Fender Blues Junior
Peavey Classic 30
Blackstar HT5
Ebay has some really great deals.
A used egnater rebel 20, orange tiny terror or vox night train.
Quote by beckyjc
The VKs a bit ehhh, for lack of a better term, and you don't need anything close to 100 watts, even if you are gigging, 15-30 watts valve suffices in pretty much all gigging situations, if theres a case you need anything louder you will more than likely be miced.

Have a look at these too
Fender Blues Junior
Peavey Classic 30
Blackstar HT5

SHUT YOUR ****ING MOUTH ABOUT VK's

IT SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT YOUR ****ING ABILITY
Quote by brutalmania

I thought she was being nice compared to what I've seen people say about VKs. If you don't agree, don't go into a cap pounding hissy fit like a little tart with sand in your vagina. Just ignore the post.

And other than the ehh part about VKs, she's spot on. (I like vks, but agree with the 100 watt comment she made.)

You should man up and apologize.

Edit: and yes, i reported your little unprovoked rant. wanna know why? pm me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by brutalmania

Stop whining. VK's are very ehhh (and that is a nice way to put it). Also I agree that you don't need more than 40 watts. I've gigged with 20 before and it did fine. If the show is any bigger than that can handle, you'll have a mic on there anyway.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
The Bugeras sound great, but I've heard of reliability issues/construction issues. But I've also heard that they have gotten their shit together for the 2010 models and they are much better reliabilty-wise.

So I'd say go for the Bugera. That's what I would do, maybe not other people. And I don't really know about cabs much. But you can just get a V55 combo.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
well there's already some good contributions, but i'm just gonna say atm, don't go over 50 watts in a combo amp. half stack WILL be a hassle, even if you're not gigging. makes transporting a tad harder and lots of times will be the deciding factor when your friends call you up and say 'hey wanna jam over here?' and usually amps over 50 watts have two speakers built in which will increase the weight big time lol...in fact just a 1x12 50 watt combo amp weighs a bit!

so i say stick to a one speaker combo amp whatever you get. just for the sake of saving hassle
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by gregs1020
I thought she was being nice compared to what I've seen people say about VKs. If you don't agree, don't go into a cap pounding hissy fit like a little tart with sand in your vagina. Just ignore the post.

And other than the ehh part about VKs, she's spot on. (I like vks, but agree with the 100 watt comment she made.)

You should man up and apologize.

Edit: and yes, i reported your little unprovoked rant. wanna know why? pm me.

+1

That was a nice way of putting it...

Quote by beckyjc

Have a look at these too
Fender Blues Junior
Peavey Classic 30
Blackstar HT5

Used Vox AC15, crate v-serie/palomino, bugera v-series as well.
Thanks for all the suggestions and just one more quick question. is 22 watts loud enough to play over drums and small gigs stuff b/c the Bugera V55 is back ordered everywhere until after christmas so that idea is out the window