alright well i've drawn up my two tattoos and was wondering how much they each would cost in a good tattoo shop. just some ballpark estimates from someone more educated than me would be awesome

dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
sorry about the huge images

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by uncboy19
alright well i've drawn up my two tattoos and was wondering how much they each would cost in a good tattoo shop. just some ballpark estimates from someone more educated than me would be awesome

All tattoo shops are different. Plus it depends on the size.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
How big are you talking about getting them? A small bicep tattoo will be cheaper than say a backpiece
depends on a lot of things.

Size,Location,Detail,Width of lines (thicker=more ink),color,tattooist.

prices change from shop to shop.

go get a estimate from them...they are usually really cool and wil give you a very rough estimat6e on the spot.
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
In my experience Artist around here charge by the hour, not the amount of ink or anything like that. The artist that i go to charged $100 an hour and he is amazing. Not sure what the artists around you would charge but id say somewhere around there is the standard
I've got a small 16th note on my right biceps (inner side) and it cost me 70 euro's. But seriously man, it's something that'll be with you for the rest of your life, not a cheese sandwhich.

Don't care too much about the price, care about getting it done right.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
the cross is a shoulder, and the guitar one is a pec. not huge either

Quote by gregs1020

It all depends how big, and how much detail is in it. Tattoo shops all have a minimum amount that they charge (most times around $50-$80) and it goes up from there. Also if you get something written most of the time they charge by the letter.
Edit- something like this costs about $400. Hope that helps ya out some.
Last edited by Thrill-house at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by williamdllr
Really? Seriously, does location influence the price of the tattoo?

I thought tat prices were judged on amount of ink and colour.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Really? Seriously, does location influence the price of the tattoo?

I thought tat prices were judged on amount of ink and colour.

It can change the price some, most times if you get something on your hand/fingers or feet its more $ because its a little more difficult to do.
Quote by Thrill-house
It can change the price some, most times if you get something on your hand/fingers or feet its more $ because its a little more difficult to do.

Not to mention gross.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Thrill-house

Ah okay. That makes sense.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Ah okay. That makes sense.

When I got something done on my ribs, the artist specifically told me it costs a bit more cause of the difficulty.

a tattoo on the back vs ribs in that specific case came out to $40 diff, $120 vs $160
Quote by redflag69
When I got something done on my ribs, the artist specifically told me it costs a bit more cause of the difficulty.

a tattoo on the back vs ribs in that specific case came out to $40 diff, $120 vs $160

Ouch. The ribs must hurt like a bitch to get done.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Hmmm...if you live in the coastal texas area, a close friend of mine works in a tattoo shop & give people tattoos for free a lot. She's done all mine & here work is amazing. Plus, the shop is clean & licenced.

Edit-the only thing she charges me for are words. Its around $20 a word or for a group of >5, i think.
Last edited by izzygomez at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by itchy guitar

Ya, they were more uncomfortable than the chest. Really worth it, though.

The worst is when the needle is traveling across the ribs and makes little jumps between them haha.
Quote by itchy guitar

The back of the legs hurts like a bitch too. The one I have on mine definitely hurt the most out of everything I've had done. (that includes getting my nipple pierced)
appreciate the feedback. i figure they'll prob be about 200 bucks apiece. is this a pretty decent estimate. i want them done at a good shop too if that helps

Quote by gregs1020