Page 1 of 4
This forum has been lacking in the discussion of new bands, so here you go kick ass black metal from France, enjoy his wonderful mixture of classical and black metal.
http://www.myspace.com/penseesnocturnes
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I knew I could count on you powerslave, now to discuss, I really enjoyed his incorporation of Chopin's Opus 55 Nocturne into Dés-espoir, simply beautiful.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I love Pensees Nocturnes. Everyone blatantly fellates Vlad/Mirrorthrone [and make no mistake, he is a beast], but I actually think Pensees Nocturnes does Classical and Black Metal better.

Absolutely brilliant.
Damn that's a though one, they are both fantastic at what they do, I'll have to give Vacuum some more listens, but A Scream to Express the Hate of a Race is very hard to top in my opinion. Anyways, favorite tracks?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Coups de Bleus and Epitaphe probably. I dont know though, they are all really, really good.

Also, I think part of the reason I am so fond of PN over Mirrorthrone, is because I prefer the depressive sound, as opposed to Vlad's more symphonic sound. And I really dont much care for the vocals of Vlad.
It's your opinion, and I can respect that. I have to say Dés-espoir is my favorite, god damn that song kicks so much ass especially when the piano comes in.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Des-Espoir is way up there too. I would actually say I like it better than Coups... Coups just stands out so much because of the beginning. Its a nice break from all of the Chopin/romantic classical worship.
goodband

I would also recommend Bann for fans of this kind of BM
Don the Skitzo Black Masochist?

jk; but well from what you're all saying seems like I'd love these guys

will definitely check them out
Bump because Pensees Nocturnes needs more love.

They have a new album called Grotesque coming out on the 27th. Which has leaked. And is even better than Vacuum, I think. It's ****ing brilliant.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Excellent.

I LOVE Grotesque. It's so far my top of 10, and I doubt it'll have much trouble staying there.

Hel, Eros, Suivant, Monosis.... Well, all of the tracks are excellent for different reasons with me, but those 4 are my favorite. In that order.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
holy GOD DAMN this man can write a song.... but i wish he would tune up his vocals. the "crying" section in Lune Malade was just

other than that, my god this music is good
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Oh wow. I thank you very much for posting this!
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by RPExecutor
holy GOD DAMN this man can write a song.... but i wish he would tune up his vocals. the "crying" section in Lune Malade was just

other than that, my god this music is good

There's none of that on Grotesque.

I'd say his vocals are better on Grotesque. And there's actually some fairly odd... clean singing.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
oh crap a new release totally have to get it, I loved Vacuum although the crying was a bit odd I still enjoyed it woo I needed something new to listen to and here I have it
So today I listened to both albums a few times. I like Grotesque a bit more but Vacuum is still amazing. Hel and Eros are both such amazing songs.
Grotesque....

so good.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Finally, people realize it. They're coming around!

Seriously, as I think I've said many a time, Grotesque is one of only a few album I'd ever consider giving 100%. Ever.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Grotesque is so bland. The worst album I HAVE EVER COME BY. I'd rather shoot myself in the face, and use hack off my arms than listen to this album.

I really haven't heard it though, i'll give a listen now.

It's probably not as good as I might make it seem.
I do love it that much, but it ain't for everyone.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Meh, I felt they (he) are/is more neoclassical than Black metal-ish.. It's like the album (Vacuum at least) has more clean acoustic sections than black metal ones. I like, nay, love acoustic sections in between blast beat sections, but not exactly the other way round. You're always waiting for the headbangable section, but it never comes...
Wann kann ich dich von diesem Ort wegbringen?
Wann ist der Tod unser einziger Zuschauer?
Wann können wir schreien anstatt zu flüstern?
Wann ist der neue Anfang das Ende dieses traurigen Madrigals?
Wouldn't say it's neoclassical. There's a blues riffs in it, haha.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Apr 24, 2010,
It does have some neoclassical elements, but overall definitely not a neoclassical album.

Also, his vocals are ****ing weird, really quite different and unique.
BUMPITY BUMP

Fuck, this guy writes the most epic music ever.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
I'm really liking Grotesque more than Vacuum.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I was going to start this thread awhile ago, but I'm lazy, so shot! Definetly something else, it never struck me that neo-classical and depressive/suicidal black metal could go together so well.
I've only listened to Vacuum once or twice, but Grotesque, I just keep coming back to it and it is just as fantastic every time.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
The only song I remember clearly from Vacuum was Coup de Bleus. It was damn awesome though.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
good music

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Grotesque better than Vacuum? Gonna go check it out now.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Grotesque for Album of the Year FUCK PLEASE!
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Page 1 of 4