vnhsafgjsdgkjetdhkdlkufyul
White/Cream Faded 1966 Stratocaster
100 Watt All-Tube JVM410H
1960 Lead Cab-B
-------------------------------------------------
I don't think anyone has ever really agreed on a name for that style. I just call it acoustic percussive fingerstyle.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
There's finger style in there. There's also a lot of string slapping. I noticed some tapping too. Tapping is more difficult to do on an acoustic than on an electric, but the other two are fairly standard techniques. He's using a carbon guitar, which does give him more volume than a wooden guitar that size ordinarily would.
Probably the most well-known guitarists of that style on the scene today are artists on the Candy Rat music label, namely Andy McKee, Don Ross and Antoine Dufour. A guy who innovated the style early on (and is one of the greatest guitarists of all time as far as I'm concerned) is Michael Hedges.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Ambient fingerstyle lounge is as close as I can pinpoint it. This is why I hate genres. Steve Vai's weird stuff is considered instrumental rock just because it has guitar, drums and bass.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

its kind of annoying that you have have to listen to a metronome while your trying to listen to a song.
perussive guitar is what i would call it if you like this you schould listen to andy mckee