Technically not a NGD as I got it about a week and a half ago, but I've only just got round to uploading some pictures.

Its an Ibanez s1220tks Prestige, I made a thread about it a while ago (I evidently bought it ) It cost my £479 with a hard case, and some lem-oil and strings thrown in too.

It has a few dings in it, and a repair with resin on the bottom; but with it being made in 1992 you'd expect that. All the damage is purely aesthetic. It had a full fret dress and service just before I paid for it. It plays amazingly, the neck is hands down one of the nicest I've ever played.

I hope you enjoy!

Full shot:

Showing how thick the body isn't next to a tuner

The Duncans that replaced the stock pick ups, need to find out exactly what models they are when I restring (Yes that is a reflection of an Anchorman poster )

Neck shot(The mark is just a knot in the wood):
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
Whoever had that guitar before you was a complete moron. Didn't even consider getting F-spaced pickups and a trem-equipped guitar.

HNGD
oh my god thats the thinnest body ive ever seen! thats gotta feel weird at first. is that bridge an original Edge that are apparantly heavily sought after or were those only stock on the 80s models? and yes, do find out what duncans those are and tell us how you like them!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

it reminds me of my EPIC JS!!!
'nuff said
i have nothing more to contribute
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by Dill69
I really like the head of it.

thats what she said :P
sorry that's just impulse! haha

on topic, that's one good guitar....i kinda prefer RGs cuz they look sharper,but thats just me its all down to personal preference of course,enjoy!
I'm 99% sure its an Edge Lo-Pro? tremolo system, the body is solid mahogony so it still has a nice weight to it

I may swap out the SDs though as they are a bit shrill sounding for my liking, that being said my brother loves them (he is a much better player than me lol) and his sweeps come through them crystal clear, so I may leave them in and see if they grow on me.
Its an Original Edge, same as my S540! Looks really nice. If I were you I'd put Dimarzio's of some kind in there, but thats just my preference.
thats the same guitar my old room mate has. sounds nice and plays great, but i find the neck a bit thin for my tastes (or more than a bit). its a great guitar and im sure youll be happy with it.
Quote by Casually_Spoken
I was thinking of a set of Evolutions, thoughts people?

I'm not a fan of Evo's. Too harsh and trebly. What do you play?
Quote by littlephil
I'm not a fan of Evo's. Too harsh and trebly. What do you play?

Maybe not in that case

I play anything and everything, I have my Fernandes that'll do most genres fairly well, so I guess I could try pickups with a little less versatility, but I am completely open to ideas.

The only thing that goes is I normally like a warmer tone from my pickups
Nice guitar, but it's not from 1992. It's from 2002.

HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Last edited by ch0 at Dec 9, 2009,
Oops yes it is! Sorry I was talking to a friend earlier about another guitar and got confused
I love those wavy inlays that Ibanez used to put on the S. I don't like playing S' but I'd still grab one if it had a lo-pro Edge and those inlays.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I've got to say, I have never been a fan of Ibanezs in any way, but I walked into the shop and this literally blew me away. The price:playability ratio is win
Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that a Prestige has a bolt on neck? I mean, obviously some people like them because of the sheer number of bolt on neck guitars, but personally if I was going to get a $1000+ guitar, I'd at least want a neck through design on it.
That's a Lo-pro Edge. I just bought a used S540 sol with a maple board and was removing the old strings when i realized the fine tuners got in the way of the wrench so I need to get a shorter allen wrench. The second pic really shows how thin these Sabers are. Mine gets to less than 1/2 inch along the edge!
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by Offworld92
Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that a Prestige has a bolt on neck? I mean, obviously some people like them because of the sheer number of bolt on neck guitars, but personally if I was going to get a $1000+ guitar, I'd at least want a neck through design on it.
No, I don't think it's weird that an S has a bolt on neck. Most of them do. Having it neck-through wouldn't give you the same sound anyways. You'd have a maple neck with a big maple tone block. I'd rather have my pickups resting in mahogany.

Quote by sk8boardbob2
That's a Lo-pro Edge. I just bought a used S540 sol with a maple board and was removing the old strings when i realized the fine tuners got in the way of the wrench so I need to get a shorter allen wrench. The second pic really shows how thin these Sabers are. Mine gets to less than 1/2 inch along the edge!
It's an original Edge. Good job on that one.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0
No, I don't think it's weird that an S has a bolt on neck. Most of them do. Having it neck-through wouldn't give you the same sound anyways. You'd have a maple neck with a big maple tone block. I'd rather have my pickups resting in mahogany.

Well yeah, but I mean it would be just as easy to have a neck through with a mahogany neck instead of a maple one.

*shrug* I don't know. I guess I shouldn't say anything, considering that I'm more into the RG shape and feel than the S to begin with. I just thought I'd ask.
Quote by ch0

It's an original Edge. Good job on that one.

On second look yeah it is. I saw the angled fine tuners and automatically thought Lo-Pro. I thought they phased out the original Edge a while back. I guess not.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by Offworld92
Well yeah, but I mean it would be just as easy to have a neck through with a mahogany neck instead of a maple one.

*shrug* I don't know. I guess I shouldn't say anything, considering that I'm more into the RG shape and feel than the S to begin with. I just thought I'd ask.
Mahogany neck wouldn't feel the same as maple

Quote by sk8boardbob2
On second look yeah it is. I saw the angled fine tuners and automatically thought Lo-Pro. I thought they phased out the original Edge a while back. I guess not.
If the string lock screws are in front of the fine tuners then you're dealing with a lo-pro Edge. Otherwise, it's an original. Everything else looks different enough that there shouldn't be any confusion.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0

If the string lock screws are in front of the fine tuners then you're dealing with a lo-pro Edge. Otherwise, it's an original. Everything else looks different enough that there shouldn't be any confusion.

Yeah I know I confuse it sometimes with the difference between an OFR and a FR Pro which in addition to the fine tuner location, the angle of the fine tuners is different. Either way its a quality trem.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Wow nice! HNGD!

On a side note, I really prefer bolt on necks to set necks, but only if it has the AANJ, or at least some type of cutaway heel. My iceman has one, very comfortable.
Yeah this is the first AANJ I've played, I'm really impressed with how comfortable it is and the access it allows.
A buddy of a buddy of mine as an S-series prestige. I try to play that thang whenver I am there.

Excellent guitar, HNGD!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."