so i'm wanting to swap out the red led in a Crybaby CFH i've got with a blue one, and i'm just wondering if this is an easy task? haven't opened up the pedal yet as it's at my house and i'm at school til the weekend. also getting a digitech hardwire pedal, and i believe those already have a blue LED anyway, so i think i just need to know how simple it is/isn't for a wah pedal.

i do have soldering experience btw

thanks!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I'm sure you know someone who might have experience with this, or use the internet.
Either way, does it really matter what color the LED is?
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Instead of non-constructive replies (which like the one above which could possibly be considered spam?)

basically if it's where i recall (next to the switch?) it should be very easy to get to
simply remove the feet and battery and you're in.
I have a bog standard crybaby (thought it'd be better to mod it how i want it from the bog standard than one with any extras) so no LED on mine so i can't tell you.

when you get home just open it up and get a picture

edit: by 'the one above' i mean the one above Jim
^alright yea i'll do that.

and since when do i have to justify the reasoning for changing the color of the LED in my pedal? instead of getting all defensive, i'll just tell you honestly- i love the color blue, it's damn sexy in the dark, and b/c these pedals are MINE i'd like to add some of my own flavor when possible. the same reason why people like to paint their pedals, add little mods, add LEDs, put LEDs in their amps to make them glow behind the logo...you know...just strictly for making it more appealing to ME.

Quote by Nameless742
I'm sure you know someone who might have experience with this, or use the internet.

this IS using the internet...that's what this section of the forums is for...getting help on customizing...i don't think you realize how much it seems like you're coming off as elitist for me coming here for help. anyway, i figured i'd ask a guitar customizing forum for FIRSTHAND advice before resorting to google and all. people on forums can respond to my questions much faster if i have probs, instead of reading a web page with instructions that doesn't have a quick response to my questions.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by Invader Jim
just swap them out. if the polarity is backward, it won't light. it won't hurt the LED. just reverse the leads. simple as that.

This.

Wish my WD-7 had an led. Still a great pedal though.

Yay for Agile LP's.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
I will take this opportunity to play tech snob and point out that blue leds are less efficient than reds, so for the same brightness/lumens output, you will have to change the led resistor to a lower value.

Or don't, it won't matter, but a blue light will be slightly dimmer.

What rutch said above. Most red led's have a forward voltage of 1.8-2.2 usually and blues are usually in the 3.2-3.8V range so you will have a dim blue led if you don't change the resistor.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
I usually use the stock resistor and then pop a UV led in there. Blue is already the new red, but purple is the color of the future... just ignore that warning about harmful radiation on the led packaging.

Seriously though, the difficulty of actually "mounting" the led depends on the pedal, but doing the electronics work is the easiest thing there is. I hate it when there's a mini led hot glue encased in some bizzare plastic holder.