Just got word of a massive Sonisphere announcement tonight. Just thought I'd recommend it as I went last year and it was immense! Plus looks like it could beat Download this year!

To sum up the announcement tonight:

- The festival will be held in Knebworth from the 31st July 2010 - 2nd August 2010 (so it's now a 3 day festival instead of a 2 day festival like last year)

- Headliners for the festival are Alice Cooper for the friday night, Rammstein for the Saturday night and Iron Maiden for the Sunday Night.

- Other bands announced for the festival are: Slayer, Anthrax, Motley Crue, The Cult and Iggy and the Stooges.

- Ticket price is £157.50 for the weekend plus camping.

- Anyone who buys a weekend camping ticket early will get a free ticket to Sonisphere in Poland which takes place on the 16th of June, headlined by Metallica but this is while stocks last.

The lineup poster so far is shown below

I am one of the founders members of Sonisphere festival and so if anyone on here plans to buy any tickets please use my fmc (founders members code) which is 1k953739

It'll get you into a free party one of the days
If you want the free ticket to Poland festival you better act fast as everyone seems to be going for it!
Apparently Sonisphere are working with lastminutecom aswell to get people cheap flights!
Here's what the new lineup poster looks like after last night's announcement:

Not a great announcement to say the least but a few bands I wouldn't mind watching!
Next weeks announcement looks exciting tho...
A quote from thrash hits.com: "Sonisphere have confirmed there will be another raft of bands they’ll be announcing next week, which our rumour mill suggests will include one band that we’re actually pretty ******* surprised are playing any UK festival this year, as to be honest, we never thought they’d play any show ever again…."

As much as I would love this to be soundgarden, alot of people are thinking either System of a Down or Murderdolls but who knows!
Let the speculation commence....