I was sitting in class and came up with a possible way to get marijuana legalized.

Page 1 of 6
Well basically I was thinking about how anyone can sue for anything, we could have a abunch of people sue the government over it and overload the court system and force them to set a precedence.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Dirge Humani
Or, the court would simply throw out all the cases.

Sue the courts!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
Sue the courts!

What if the courts dismiss the cases to sue the courts?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Government: "NO"
Potheads:
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by Dirge Humani
Or, the court would simply throw out all the cases.

Still, if you continually do it... There is a process they have to go through to even throw out a case.
Wouldn't work. Your best bet would be to argue on religious grounds and get it legalised for a religious group that anyone can claim membership of, like has been done with Peyote and, more recently, Ayahuasca.
However it'd have to make it to the supreme court, and they won't touch a case like that easily.

Plus you have international law to deal with.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by tayroar
Still, if you continually do it... There is a process they have to go through to even throw out a case.

You have to have a reason to sue, otherwise you're just going to keep losing. Ayahuasca was made legal because the DEA took the drugs away from people and the case eventually made it to the supreme court.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Kensai
What if the courts dismiss the cases to sue the courts?

Sue the people in the courts!

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by tayroar
Well basically I was thinking about how anyone can sue for anything, we could have a abunch of people sue the government over it and overload the court system and force them to set a precedence.

Just finish high school, okay?
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Supreme court has already upheld most drug laws in the US. You lose. Sorry.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
My friend told me its impossible to sue the school because its connected to the state which is connected to the courts which is connected to the government.

Hes wrong You can sue the school. But everything after that. Is it even allowed?
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Wouldn't work. Your best bet would be to argue on religious grounds and get it legalised for a religious group that anyone can claim membership of, like has been done with Peyote and, more recently, Ayahuasca.
However it'd have to make it to the supreme court, and they won't touch a case like that easily.

Plus you have international law to deal with.

Yeah but if you look long enough and hard enough you can find some loop hole. It's not even law that you're trying to argue if you try to overload the court system, I was basically thinking that things would be so slowed down that they'd try to appease people to prevent further slowing that they'd appease us.

Quote by Thepredster
My friend told me its impossible to sue the school because its connected to the state which is connected to the courts which is connected to the government.

Hes wrong You can sue the school. But everything after that. Is it even allowed?

You can sue anyone for anything, but you're not guaranteed to win.
Quote by Momentosis
Sue the people in the courts!

then those cases will get thrown out! this is how the man keeps us down, man!

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by Thepredster

Government is successfully sued all the time. Only caveat is you need to receive permission from the Federal government to sue the Federal government. I've never heard of permission being denied.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Thepredster

You're missing the point. In this case it's not about who you're suing, it's about having actual grounds for suing before doing so.

What's your plan, going in and saying "I'm suing the government because they won't let me smoke weed and I want to"? Yeah, sounds like that one would be in your pocket.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by speedy1330
then those cases will get thrown out! this is how the man keeps us down, man!

O_o

(۳ ˚Д˚۳
SUE THE MAN!?!!??

Quote by CrossBack7
i honestly dont know why they dont just legalize it, they could tax the shit out of it and make a shitload of money, and it would let the cops focus on the bigger crimes going on without having to worry about some kids lighting up in the back ally.
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
well, i think that 2:3 americans want weed illegal. and majority rules...so...

yeah it will be in 20 years or so when people snap out of their false consciousness. its just perscription drug companies are so powerful. weed isn't a mircale cure, but it is less harmful than perscriptions (oxycontin in particular) and serves a similar function. more people die of perscription opiate overdoses than car wrecks, crazy huh?
Quote by tayroar
Yeah but if you look long enough and hard enough you can find some loop hole. It's not even law that you're trying to argue if you try to overload the court system, I was basically thinking that things would be so slowed down that they'd try to appease people to prevent further slowing that they'd appease us.

They'll fine the balls of you if you do that. Or put you in prison for contempt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frivolous_litigation

In the United States, Rule 11 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and similar state rules require that an attorney perform a due diligence investigation concerning the factual basis for any claim or defense. Jurisdictions differ on whether a claim or defense can be frivolous if the attorney acted in good faith. Because such a defense or claim wastes the court's and the other parties' time, resources and legal fees, sanctions may be imposed by a court upon the party or the lawyer who presents the frivolous defense or claim. The law firm may also be sanctioned, or even held in contempt.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by GodofCheesecake
You're missing the point. In this case it's not about who you're suing, it's about having actual grounds for suing before doing so.

What's your plan, going in and saying "I'm suing the government because they won't let me smoke weed and I want to"? Yeah, sounds like that one would be in your pocket.

You don't understand the point. I'm not going to simply have one argument. I don't even want a good arguement. My idea is basically have a ton of people sue at the same time, and slowing the gears of the civil court system.
Quote by Jman09
i honestly dont know why they dont just legalize it,

Conservative opposition, tradition, unwillingness to admit they're wrong, massive ignorance about the pros and cons of drug legalization.

Etc.
Quote by tayroar
You don't understand the point. I'm not going to simply have one argument. I don't even want a good arguement. My idea is basically have a ton of people sue at the same time, and slowing the gears of the civil court system.

So basically you're a four-year-old and you're going to throw a temper tantrum until mommy gives you what you want? When has that ever worked?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Ur all $h1t
They'll fine the balls of you if you do that. Or put you in prison for contempt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frivolous_litigation

In the United States, Rule 11 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and similar state rules require that an attorney perform a due diligence investigation concerning the factual basis for any claim or defense. Jurisdictions differ on whether a claim or defense can be frivolous if the attorney acted in good faith. Because such a defense or claim wastes the court's and the other parties' time, resources and legal fees, sanctions may be imposed by a court upon the party or the lawyer who presents the frivolous defense or claim. The law firm may also be sanctioned, or even held in contempt.

Damn you Paddy. Damn you to hell.
I just copied the same goddam thing
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by tayroar

You have to have a good argument, otherwise you can be fined or held in contempt.
They've thought of this ya know
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
You have to have a good argument, otherwise you can be fined or held in contempt.
They've thought of this ya know

9th amendment: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

I would argue using this saying that the government should not have any say when it comes to victimless crimes.
The best way for you to get marijuana legalized is to play Johnny Appleseed and get that shizzle growing out of every crack of every sidewalk in America.
Ya baby. Proliferation ftw.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by GodofCheesecake

my post had nothing to do with this thread except was it possible. I really just wanted to prove my knowitall douchebag friend hes wrong
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
The irony of this is awesome.

Pothead comes up with an obviously potheaded idea about legalizing pot without considering the procedures of getting it legalized... further demonstrating why pot is not legalized: because it promotes half-assed ideas like this that haven't actually been thought through.
Quote by tayroar
9th amendment: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

I would argue using this saying that the government should not have any say when it comes to victimless crimes.

And there you have one suit, that you can file once.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Actually this sounds like a brilliant idea!
Then we can do the same thing to legalise rape and murder...

Edit: Ah-ha, now we've changed to victimless crimes...
Last edited by whoomit at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by tayroar

That has nothing to do with crime.
Listen, the courts have had a very long time to get to the point they're at now.

you think you're the first person who's tried to abuse their system?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by ZanasCross
The irony of this is awesome.

Pothead comes up with an obviously potheaded idea about legalizing pot without considering the procedures of getting it legalized... further demonstrating why pot is not legalized: because it promotes half-assed ideas like this that haven't actually been thought through.

Half baked would have sufficed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by britishsligean
he atleast has some influence on them

Not if the other houses don't want it legalized. He can fight all he wants but it won't matter. Face it, weed won't be legalized. TS, you may think that your little plan will work and you thought of a loophole, but trust me, you didn't. If anybody tries your plan, they would all get thrown in jail unless they had an EXTREMELY good argument. Even then, it wouldn't be legalized, it would just be heard by the court.

Everybody seems to think that the people control the government. They don't.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.