Page 1 of 2
lately I've been hearing all these references to something called "The third eye"

so yeah what the **** is that.

Its supposed to be something mystical and powerful or something like that. I think the only other time I heard about it was some kind of reference to god, or a god for that matter but I have no idea.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Seeing things from a different perspective. Often how people like see them selves like others would see them.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Pineal Gland...

secretes melatonin and people think it lets them see into alternate dimensions or some shit.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Everyone has a 3rd eye, but it's always brown and mostly sees the gusset of your underpants.
ESP bs.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
People make references to it in psychedelic usage, as in "opening your third eye." It is kind of like what venice king said above.

Also, Tool makes third eye references and actually has a song with the title.
It's an eye that opens on the tip of your wang when you have sex with your cousin.

>.>

<.<
Quote by In The Mist
It's an eye that opens on the tip of your wang when you have sex with your cousin.

>.>

<.<

for those of you still interested in that I called her the next morning, she didn't remember a ****in thing.

well it happens when you are wasted.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
It's the mind's eye.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
ESP eh?
I was talking to my friend in Ireland, he had told me he was eating polomints, 5 minutes later my sis comes in and asks, "Have you been eating polo-mints?"
I hadn't, and the house smelled mostly of my fried breakfast.
She was like OMG ESP LOL
Jokingly I assume, but still.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
for those of you still interested in that I called her the next morning, she didn't remember a ****in thing.

well it happens when you are wasted.

Did you suggest that the two of you should maybe try and jog her memory?
Just to say it again, the "third eye" literally refers to the pineal gland in our brains. People think it has spiritual connections or something...Rene Descartes thought it was the seat of the soul.
The only "third eye" reference I've heard of is your asshole.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Last edited by Alpha_Wolf at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by Nameless742
ESP eh?
I was talking to my friend in Ireland, he had told me he was eating polomints, 5 minutes later my sis comes in and asks, "Have you been eating polo-mints?"
I hadn't, and the house smelled mostly of my fried breakfast.
She was like OMG ESP LOL
Jokingly I assume, but still.

ok does ESP mean something other than the guitar company (thats the only place ive herd it), and if so what does it have to do with this?
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
You know how you can visualize things in your mind like mathematics without ever opening a textbook, or scenery without actually being there? It's called your brain, and the various chemicals, electrical firings, and other procedures that take place therein. It's just been given a nifty name, that's all.

Oooh... the third eye!! Woooo-*narf* Nhahaha... troz...
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
ok does ESP mean something other than the guitar company (thats the only place ive herd it), and if so what does it have to do with this?

Extra
Sensory
Perception
Quote by RazorTheAwesome

You've seriously never heard about it? It's extrasensory perception. Psychic powers, basically.
I think Tien knows a lot about this stuff

Seriously though. It's the minds eye. For me it means being able to visualise a hypothetical situation in order to make a decision, but I think the definition is pretty open.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by MightyAl
Did you suggest that the two of you should maybe try and jog her memory?

No not really. I wasn't really there with her so its not like I would have known anything. She is in Nebraska I am in Colorado if you don't recall, so yeah.

Quote by MightyAl
Extra
Sensory
Perception

Quote by Holy Katana
You've seriously never heard about it? It's extrasensory perception. Psychic powers, basically.

Ok thanks. Yeah I never knew about that.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Funny, because I was always like "Why did they make a guitar company called ESP?" when I first started playing guitar, but then I found out it stood for Electric Sound Products.
Quote by ACG
Pineal Gland...

secretes melatonin and people think it lets them see into alternate dimensions or some shit.
The pineal gland is correct. It is also responsible for DMT production which is responsible for dreaming and sleep paralysis with hallucinations.

Quote by Holy Katana
I think it has to do with chakras. You probably heard about it from someone spouting New Age bullshit.
Different chakras are actually related to different glands in the body. Which is why the 6th chakra, the brow chakra or third eye chakra is in about the same spot as the pineal gland.
Last edited by metal4all at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by metal4all
The pineal gland is correct.

so its like an acid trip basically
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
so its like an acid trip basically
No. It depends on what definition of the third eye you're looking for. The location is the pineal gland but it can also be seen as a heightened awareness of reality which is brought about through meditation. See my edit as well.
Quote by metal4all
The pineal gland is correct. It is also responsible for DMT production which is responsible for dreaming and sleep paralysis with hallucinations.

Ah that makes more sense. Didn't learn about DMT production in the pineal gland in my physiology class =\

Do you meditate? Usually only people who are into that stuff know about the pineal gland being the third eye
Quote by ACG
Ah that makes more sense. Didn't learn about DMT production in the pineal gland in my physiology class =\

Do you meditate? Usually only people who are into that stuff know about the pineal gland being the third eye
That's cool you took a physiology class. You probably had more important things to learn about than a strong psychedelic produced in the brain.

Yep, I meditate. It's great. I learned most the stuff from reading about chakra meditation and DMT in general.
Quote by metal4all

Wow, it took long enough for someone to acknowledge the right answer.
MATTERHORN
The third eye has to do with your "sixth sense" if you will.
Its about being connected and aware of your surrounding, almost to the point of symbiosis.

Also, with regards to Chakras, the "third eye" is the Ajna Chakra, which is the 6th and second to last. The final Chakra is the "Crown" chakra.

And yea, one could say that through rigorous meditation, you could "activate" your third eye, or pineal gland. This would result in a flood of DMT to your cognitive self, resulting in a "waking dream".

What I've always wondered if if the effects of unleashing the DMT from your pineal gland during the waking state would be different from the effects of smoking DMT.
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Last edited by divinecrossfire at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by divinecrossfire
The third eye has to do with your "sixth sense" if you will.
Its about being connected and aware of your surrounding, almost to the point of symbiosis.

Also, with regards to Chakras, the "third eye" is the Ajna Chakra, which is the 6th and second to last. The final Chakra is the "Crown" chakra.

And yea, one could say that through rigorous meditation, you could "activate" your third eye, or pineal gland. This would result in a flood of DMT to your cognitive self, resulting in a "waking dream".

What I've always wondered if if the effects of unleashing the DMT from your pineal gland during the waking state would be different from the effects of smoking DMT.

if one were to do this what would they see?
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
if one were to do this what would they see?

I've never done it, but my theory is that reality would turn into a dream. The fabrics that we percieve would be at the mercy of your own perception. The "blueprint" of reality would still be there (being what you perceive in sobriety), however you would essentially be able to draw all over, fold, cut, erase and repair at will. However, the "at will" wouldn't be want your cognitive self wants. The "at will" would essentially follow the same paths as your dreams, as in it is your subconscious that does all the manipulation and your cognitive self sits back and watches.

However, if one trained their mind to be able to lucid dream quite readaly, then one would stand a chance to be able to "elucidate" their waking dream and control the fabrics of their perception with their cognitive self.
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Quote by divinecrossfire
I've never done it, but my theory is that reality would turn into a dream. The fabrics that we percieve would be at the mercy of your own perception. The "blueprint" of reality would still be there (being what you perceive in sobriety), however you would essentially be able to draw all over, fold, cut, erase and repair at will. However, the "at will" wouldn't be want your cognitive self wants. The "at will" would essentially follow the same paths as your dreams, as in it is your subconscious that does all the manipulation and your cognitive self sits back and watches.

However, if one trained their mind to be able to lucid dream quite readaly, then one would stand a chance to be able to "elucidate" their waking dream and control the fabrics of their perception with their cognitive self.

I can lucid dream on my own.

and I write all my dreams (my creative ones that is) down since most of them come in handy for creative ideas.

so if I were to do this, I would essentially live in one of my stories, one one like them.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
I can lucid dream on my own.

and I write all my dreams (my creative ones that is) down since most of them come in handy for creative ideas.

so if I were to do this, I would essentially live in one of my stories, one one like them.

Yes, but you'd to keep in mind that what you say wouldn't actually be there. The best idea to act out the story would be to do this in a padded room to reduce hazard risk.
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Quote by divinecrossfire
Yes, but you'd to keep in mind that what you say wouldn't actually be there. The best idea to act out the story would be to do this in a padded room to reduce hazard risk.

well yeah obviously

hmm.... I'll have to try this once I get back home. I have a larger room there not this cramped dorm on the college campus. It might be awesome.

any health hazards involved
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by ACG
Pineal Gland...

holy ****in shit, that's it?
i swear ive traveled to two other dimensions.
When you lose use of your pineal gland, or your "third eye goes blind," an awesome band with an awesome name is formed.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Page 1 of 2