This is probably gonna seem like a noob question to you guys but hey il never know till i ask.

I've just got myself a Sharkfin shaped guitar from ebay, was covered in dents n scratches so i sanded it down and i'm gonna re-do the finish then hopefully buy the rest of the parts over time.

my question is... how do i know what type/size/scal neck i should put on it? i mean i'd rather have 24 frets but how do i know if it would take 24 rather than only 21 or 22?
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
yeah i understand all that but is there anyway for me to tell if my body is suitable for 24 frets or not?
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
Quote by craig_mccann
yeah i understand all that but is there anyway for me to tell if my body is suitable for 24 frets or not?

Nope. If the body is already drilled for the bridge, you either have to get lucky and guess the right scale, or dowel the holes, and redrill for the bridge.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Measure from the bridge to the frontmost edge of the neck socket. If this measurement is more than 12.75", you're going to have difficulty putting a standard 24 fret neck in there without re-routing the pocket, as the majority of them are built to a 25.5" scale and the fretboard tends not to overhang the end of the neck.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...