Ok, The wife told me she wants to get me a wah pedal. I have never had one, except the sims that are in my Zoom unit. Not sure which one to get.

Has to be one that can be obtained from GC, as its going on the GC CC.

Main style of play is 80's hard rock/hair metal stuff. Looking for something that would do Satriani's Surfing with the Alien, that kind of effect. Basically one that does well with distortion, one that does hard rock and old school metal well.

So do I go to the trusty reliable Cry Baby, or is there something better for my style (if you could call my incredibly horrible playing a style, LOL )? Thanks guys.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Epi Les Paul Ultra (With SD JB/Jazz pups)
Bugera 120w 333xl 212 combo
Peavey ValveKing 50w 112 combo (Eminence Texas Heat 12" speaker)
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah.
Dunlop 535Q is one of the more versatile wahs I've ever owned...rock and metal exclusively, you might look into a morley. The tremonti wah was another one of my favorites...just wasn't versatile enough for me.
I have the Ibanez Weeping Demon, and I've played that next to some other ones, it seems to the most versatile of the ones I played, but it can't really dial in a tone perfectly, e.g., perfect Crybaby or Bad Horsie.

If you want Satch's tone, go with his signature Vox Big Bad Wah.
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Oh, and your tongue is on fire.
i would say a morley bad horsie 2 is worth looking into, as well as the Slash sig wah and 535Q or Dimebag CFH-which is pretty much the same thing. those all handle higher gain pretty well, and the dunlops should be able to get nice funky clean wahs as well. the 535 and CFH have knobs for changing the sweep range and such, making them pretty versatile.

i don't know if GC carries RMC or Fulltone wahs, but those are worth checking out as well...i really never have been to that store :/

anyway, go down there and spend a good while trying out the pedals man, but i can tell you already that you don't want the low end dunlop or vox models, in fact you probably don't want a vox period for your style, other mentioned wahs will do your styles better.

slash_edit: just saw that someone recommended the Ibanez Weeping Demon...it's ALRIGHT for metal stuff...but imo was pretty meh overall....i think you can do a lot better
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Last edited by slash_rocks2005 at Dec 9, 2009,
Thanks for the advice guys.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Epi Les Paul Ultra (With SD JB/Jazz pups)
Bugera 120w 333xl 212 combo
Peavey ValveKing 50w 112 combo (Eminence Texas Heat 12" speaker)
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah.