What would be a good string gauge for Drop B? I was thinking .11-.54's, but I'm unsure.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
i have a guitar in b standard and i just buy seven string packs and leave out the highest one.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Quote by DespisedIcon
Yep.

Really? I was thinking at least 12s, maybe even 13s.
But you should get a set of 14s, just because
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
I use 11s (lifed strings). I suggest boomers (I've been using them for 2 years and I'll never switch back), but i heard DR's work well too.

Good luck,

-Mike
I use Seymour Duncan power slinkies (11s). They can do Drop A# all the way up to standard.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
Really? I was thinking at least 12s, maybe even 13s.
But you should get a set of 14s, just because

Nah, I use .10's for Drop C and they feel good, so I assumed .11's in Drop B would be the same, as it's only half a step lower.

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
Nah, I use .10's for Drop C and they feel good, so I assumed .11's in Drop B would be the same, as it's only half a step lower.

It depends on preference. If you like your strings tight like 10s and 11s are in standard, then you should use 13s for Drop B, 11s would be the lowest I would go for Drop B, because anything else would probably cause buzz, and I like the strings to not be so stiff.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
I'm using Beefy Slinky's which are 11's because they are made for drop tunings or at least that is the advertisement on them. It's 11-54 while Power Slinky's are 11-48 I believe.
on my 25.5" scale guitar, i have 11-54s and im in drop Bb. everything is slightly looser than id prefer, and i even think in Drob B its a little too loose. so id say 12s for drob B in case you wanted to go half a step below that. if you're guitar has a 24.75" scale then try 13s.

what song(s) are you learning in drop B? i went to Bb because there's some in flames licks im wanting to learn but its hard with the strings being all floppy.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

I'm learning some Machine Head songs, the Baby Got Back cover by Throwdown (for shits and giggles), and the band I'm in is in Drop B.

I do prefer loose strings, so maybe .11's would be good. :P

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I have a quick question. Rather than make a new thread I'll ask here. I have .10 strings currently and am wondering would those be ok for drop c?
Quote by SYLrules88
on my 25.5" scale guitar, i have 11-54s and im in drop Bb. everything is slightly looser than id prefer, and i even think in Drob B its a little too loose. so id say 12s for drob B in case you wanted to go half a step below that. if you're guitar has a 24.75" scale then try 13s.

what song(s) are you learning in drop B? i went to Bb because there's some in flames licks im wanting to learn but its hard with the strings being all floppy.

I agree with you in saying that it mainly comes down to a guitar scale issue when deciding what gauge strings to go with in certain dropped tunings. I mean I used 13's when I still had my LP Studio but now used those Beefy Slinky's on my RG.
I would personally use 12-56's.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...