I have a friend that I've been knowing for about 2 years.
I could call him my best friend. Originally, our relationship was based on our love for music but as my musical tastes went in a certain direction, he started to treat me like like a regular person that he just sees at school. We like a lot of the same bands(Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Alice in Chains, blink-182, Buckethead, The Doors, Iron Butterfly, King Crimson, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, etc.)
,but the moment I try to change the conversation of music to a slightly less popular band, he gets anal.
I'm very respecting of his choice of music, but he just pushes off the other bands I like as crap/garbage. I really want there to be common ground on music between us, but I don't know how I could get him to accept my music without pushing it on him.
Why care? If your tastes differ that can't be helped. Granted he seems to be close minded and rude from what you said but pushing music upon him won't help. You have nothing else in common?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
I know people like this, and, well, just deal with them. As long as you have music as a common ground and can remotely stand to play together, you're fine.
/serious business

RAEP

There you go. Pit logic is infallible.
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"
Agree to disagree?

Arguing opinion with someone is like trying to flip a car on it's top with your penis.

It's nearly impossible to succeed and eve if you do, you still look like an idiot.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
Agree to disagree?

Arguing opinion with someone is like trying to flip a car on it's top with your penis.

It's nearly impossible to succeed and eve if you do, you still look like an idiot but with a giant, super penis .

Fix'd
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"
Quote by Venice King
Why care? If your tastes differ that can't be helped. Granted he seems to be close minded and rude from what you said but pushing music upon him won't help. You have nothing else in common?

We have a lot of things in common(girls, muscle cars, views on life, more etc.) but our first conversation was about music and it's always been kinda based on that.
Often if you have musical tastes different to the norm, it's best not to try and relate about it with the people you know. The great thing about UG is that you have people of many differing tastes, and here you can have an exchange about the more obscure artists.

People often don't appreciate trying to be won over to different types of music.
Quote by StringAssassin
We have a lot of things in common(girls, muscle cars, views on life, more etc.) but our first conversation was about music and it's always been kinda based on that.

Then focus on the things you do like and share interest in, even the music that you do agree on.

Also, when you do make up, use condoms.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by dudetheman
Agree to disagree?

It's nearly impossible to succeed and eve if you do, you still look like an idiot.

I disagree. If somebody was able to flip car with his penis, he'd be a total badass.
Quote by Venice King
Then focus on the things you do like and share interest in, even the music that you do agree on.

Also, when you do make up, use condoms.

He doesn't even know my opinion on this.
I just had to tell somebody and get it off of my chest.
My best friend listens to music that I think sucks. I don't care because that's just my opinion. Who cares
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show