dont tell me the squier guitar isnt worth the money being invested in it because this was my first guitar so it will never be sold!

id like to see if anyone has a guide on routing the body or can anyone tell me how to do it?

i love my other floyd rose guitar and i want my squier to be the same!
are the licensed by floyd rose patents any good? i see them on guitar fetish for like 60.00ish
If you're going to get one from GFS, spend the extra $15 and get the double locking one.

Cam, don't get on my case. It's the exact same trem Peavey uses on their multiple thousand dollar guitars.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Depends, there's a heap of different Lic FR's. Generally GF aren't the best for parts. You can get better Lic Floyd Roses cheaper elsewhere, but it depends on your budget?
Quote by guitarcam123
Depends, there's a heap of different Lic FR's. Generally GF aren't the best for parts. You can get better Lic Floyd Roses cheaper elsewhere, but it depends on your budget?

???
Sad to say but the heavy duty GFS one is the best you can do for the price.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
de-tune it?
Quote by AA00P
Forget genres, the real conflict is in the subgenres.

"LOLZ UR MOOSICZ NOT BROOTALZ ENOUGH ITS SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACK METAL NOT SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACKENED DEATH METAL CHUG-CORE LOLZ!!!"
Quote by Jared8998
de-tune it?

...what?

I don't think you should be here.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
yeah ive skimmed though that about ten times! but i wanna see someone actually doing it to a strat (fender or squier it doesnt matter!)
Quote by superstang01
yeah ive skimmed though that about ten times! but i wanna see someone actually doing it to a strat (fender or squier it doesnt matter!)

Eddie Van Halen.

If you're wanting to see just use kisakae.

All you do is route using a template, fill the original 6 bridge holes, drill pivot post holes, remove the nut and make any alterations to fit the locking nut, string, setup, profit
Quote by the_wayward_one
http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/Tremolos-Floyd_Rose_Special.html

Probably the best Floyd Rose bridge under $100.

that is actually a pretty nice FR.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
that is actually a pretty nice FR.

especially the bronze one thats been made to look old :P
Quote by Bigsteve92
especially the bronze one thats been made to look old :P

no, I meant function-wise. I played a schecter with one last night; it held up really well.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
no, I meant function-wise. I played a schecter with one last night; it held up really well.

so these trems work good?
Yeah, it's more or less an OFR.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened

I know you meant function wise, but that bronze one is possibly one of the coolest floyds I've seen
how do you figure out where to put the floyd? like i no how far back from the frets to put it, but how do you center it up on the guitar??
Quote by superstang01
how do you figure out where to put the floyd? like i no how far back from the frets to put it, but how do you center it up on the guitar??

IIRC you put the pivot posts in line with where the original 6 holes were for the bridge and the adjustments for perfect intonation should be within the bridges range
^No, don't do that.

FR's require more routing and have wider post spacing than every other trem.

EDIT: Oh. Wait. He's right.

TS, do me a favor and look where you should install the studs before you install them.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at Dec 13, 2009,
yep, look where they should go.

Floyd Rose
Floyd Rose II & Schaller Floyd Rose
Schaller Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo Complete Set

24.937" (±0.030")

straight off stewmac, distance from nut to center of post. At least for the schaller.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by superstang01

In the helpful links part, there's a link to a guy who routed his strat.
I made it once. Did not have very good results because the guitar had very weak wood which cracked under the tension of the floyd.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1106265
Last edited by divinorum69 at Dec 13, 2009,
^yeah, but it was made out of MDF...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by superstang01
is a floyd even needed for a good shredder?

Paul Gilbert?! There's really nothing you need for shred, just skills.