Ok, for the next—I don't know— 4-8 years I'll be in an apartment setting. I want to get a tube amp, because I am no longer happy with my Valvetronix. I'd like to have a nice tone—creamy overdrive?—at low levels, but I like cleans too.

I play:
Classic Rock (AC/DC, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, etc.)
Blues
80's Metal
(I want to get into shred, but at this time I lack ability )

Budget: ~ $500, but I might be able to raise it to $700.

Amps I've looked at:
Blackheart (Killer Ant, Little Giant, H. Devil )
Blackstar HT-5H
Epi Valve Jr.
Voc AC4TVH

I've never owned a tube amp, and I don't suppose someone could explain to my why I should get a combo or a half-stack? I've heard the Blackhearts were made for closed-back cabs, whereas the combo does not have a closed back.

If you could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

P.S. As I'm a tad far from GC, I can only make maybe one trip to test the amps. Even then, I wouldn't be able to stay long.

Also, I don't mind buying an attenuator or pedals as long as the amp is good.
GEAR:
Fender MIM HSS Strat
VOX AD30VT
FUNDS: $600
I can guarantee you that most of those amps would be too loud for an apartment setting. Do you plan on gigging? If so, I'd recommend something like a 15-30 watt tube amp and attenuator.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The Little Giant, HT-5 or AC4TV are great amps. The AC4TV would be the best if you're really worried about volume because it can switch between 4, 1 and 1/4 watts. An Od pedal and an Eq pedal in front of one of those will get you anything except death metal.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
The Vox AC4TV out of the options would be pretty kickass for what you play, and if i doesn't have enough gain for the 80's metal, it takes well to pedals.The Blackstar HT-5 is an amazing amp also, but for the creamy overdrive department, the Vox will probably deliver the goods better.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
id say the vox for the creamy sound and the ht-5 for the metal
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex