So why is this such a disaster piece of shit horror house of a pedal?
Is there absolutely no good tone that can come out of it?

How about mods of it?
because it sounds bad IMO.
and yeah, i could mod it so much that it essentially becomes a new pedal, it would sound great
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
These types of threads are banned.

And because they just sound bad. You can't coax a good tone out of them without them sounding incredibly noisy.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by lockwolf
Its made by Boss

/Thread

Ultimate fail, try again.
TS, the stock pedal is awful. It sounds shrill and harsh, having almost no usable tones. Modded MT-2s, however, are awesome. They get rid of all the harshness and actually sound like good amp distortion.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Ultimate fail, try again.

Though I do think it says enough that its made by Boss, I'll go again.

Can't find a good tone, a little expensive for the lack of quality you're getting, EQ a pain to use, made by Boss.

Honestly, I'll take my stock DS-1 over it
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Boss has made tons of amazing pedals, not to mention other gear, over the years. Saying that Boss sucks is a stupid thing to do because it is obviously not true.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Dec 10, 2009,
Because i has "metal" in the name.

Seriously though, its very shrill to me and sterile.

Boss isn't all bad, every try their MIJ pedals?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by lockwolf

Can't find a good tone, a little expensive for the lack of quality you're getting, EQ a pain to use, made by Boss.

No, its just shit.

It sounds ultra-thin on every setting. while it seems to have a comprehensive EQ most of the tones are unusable. Although i haven't heard a modded one myself, but i have yet to hear someone diss a modded MT-2 so i guess its pretty good.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by List of Banned Threads
Off topic threads:
Don't. These include:
Blatant spam
"Why does everyone hate the (spider, MG, etc etc)" threads
"game" threads
Youtube review threads- don't just post your youtube video or a review from another site.
Ads of any kind

This threads basically falls into the bolded category. Although your title is worded slightly different than the bolded "template", this is still pretty much asking the same thing.

Reported
Quote by lockwolf

anyone else see the irony?

but I know what he's getting at. boss's days of making great pedals are long gone. they're all about mass production, aggressive marketing and advertising strategies, and of course the bottom line.

hence, you get the cheapest possible quality of materials for all things except the pedal shell... so they can say "boss is built like a tank" or wtf...

that also kinda' explains why there are so many great mods for this pedal... there are people out there who *gasp* yank out the crap parts and put good ones in, etc.

btw, the stock pedal will rape your high and low frequencies prison sex style.

EDIT: ah, good call Will.
Last edited by GrisKy at Dec 10, 2009,
Quote by GrisKy
anyone else see the irony?

but I know what he's getting at. boss's days of making great pedals are long gone. they're all about mass production, aggressive marketing and advertising strategies, and of course the bottom line.

hence, you get the cheapest possible quality of materials for all things except the pedal shell... so they can say "boss is built like a tank" or wtf...

that also kinda' explains why there are so many great mods for this pedal... there are people out there who *gasp* yank out the crap parts and put good ones in, etc.

I know, it's a real shame that instead of slightly increasing the prices to produce much greater products they decide to maximise their profit and sacrifice their reputation.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by lockwolf

MASSIVE
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

If it's an MT-2, it better be a Keeley MT-2... I've modded an MT-2 and while it was better than stock, it was nowhere close to the Twilight Zone.

Stock MT-2's are fine if you want to camouflage your playing.
Gear: Ibanez, MusicMan, Mesa Boogie, Fractal Audio, RJM Music
I actually don't mind stock MT-2s. You need to downtune and use it for a harsher kind of sound, like Swedish Death Metal.