hey im trying to tab some stuff out on guitar pro, but im having some problems. first off i dont know how to put in a repeat bar in the middle of an existing normal bar. also, when i do use a repeat bar, for some reason there's a pause in between the part before the repeat and when the repeat bar actually starts. i dont really understand why those red lines show up, shouldnt i be able to make the bars as big or small as i want? and sometimes itll just randomly slow down or stop in the middle of playing a bar, and i have to delete the part it stopped at and re-write it so itll work again.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
You can't have a repeat sign in the middle of a bar - the repeat sign is an alteration of a bar sign. If, for example, you're in 4/4, you could change to 2/4 for a bar and end that bar with a repeat sign.

But yeah, there is a Guitar Pro Help Thread.
oh well the lines get all red like im doing something wrong, but i just wanna put a repeat in there. thanks, i looked for such a thread but couldnt find it.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
They're becoming red because you have to many or too little notes in there. I can only assume you're in 4/4 that means that all the notes have to equal up to 4 beats, which is 4 quarter notes. Once you fill up the bar you go onto the next. Before you start using GuitarPro to write I'd suggest looking at a few other peoples tabs to see how GP works.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Quote by RX120D
First of all, you gotta know basic theory to tab shit on GP.

yeah that probably has a lot to do with why im failing. ah well ill just go back to pencil and paper
Quote by Marshmelllow

Quote by frozen_soul
yeah that probably has a lot to do with why im failing. ah well ill just go back to pencil and paper

It's worth sticking with GP - a piece of paper won't tell you when you're incorrect.
Quote by frozen_soul

If you can't tab with Guitar Pro, you'll almost certainly fail with pencil and paper. Guitar Pro is easy-to-use software, a pencil and paper is RL, and RL is automatically intermediate.

EDIT: Yeah, as previously pointed out by others, you need to change from 4/4 to 2/4 and then push in a repeat bar. Otherwise, you will get nasty pauses, even when your band is playing it. They're not mindreaders (If they are, congratulations, I wish the singer in my band was)
Last edited by Radman_Paiza at Dec 10, 2009,
Quote by Radman_Paiza
If you can't tab with Guitar Pro, you'll almost certainly fail with pencil and paper. Guitar Pro is easy-to-use software, a pencil and paper is RL, and RL is automatically intermediate.

EDIT: Yeah, as previously pointed out by others, you need to change from 4/4 to 2/4 and then push in a repeat bar. Otherwise, you will get nasty pauses, even when your band is playing it. They're not mindreaders (If they are, congratulations, I wish the singer in my band was)

how would i go about doing that? i dont even know what that means, thats how bad my theory lingo is.

edit: also, is there a way to make it slightly faster then say the sixteenth note, but slightly slower than the thirty second note?
Quote by Marshmelllow

Last edited by frozen_soul at Dec 10, 2009,
Quote by RX120D
First of all, you gotta know basic theory to tab shit on GP.

I know it's years later, but there was no problem with the original poster's music theory. If a section begins with an anacrusis, it should end with a bar that would complete the incomplete initial bar, and the next phrase begins with the same anacrusis. If the section repeats, that looks exactly like a repeat in the middle of a bar. Anybody working with classical music will see that a lot. (I came here to see if GP had fixed its inability to deal with this yet.)