Hey me and my friend have been into flag for a few years now, and he says he wants to get it tatooed, but he was born in '91. We insist that it doesnt seem to have the same meaning as someone who was actually there, but i mean its his call. Will he seem like a jackass for getting one? Please we dont want his ass to get kicked haha
He was born in '91, therefore, he should not have any tattoos of bands that were before his time. I swear to God if I saw someone my age with a classic rock band logo tattooed on them, I would mercilessly bully them until they killed themselves.
Getting any sort of band tattoo is pretty lame, but getting one from before you were even born is far worse. Terrible idea.
kill all humans
Quote by TSmitty6
hi "friend". no, thats more of an advertisement than anything.

no way dude i cant afford tattoos
It would depend on if he really likes the band or if it symbolizes something more. I know a guy who has a bunch of tats, and the only one he regrets is a band tattoo he got because he got it only because he was into the band.
"Let others bring order to chaos, I shall bring chaos to order."- Vonnegut.

Check out my webcomic!
Bad idea. He'll probably regret it, and if he doesn't, well, props to him, but you never know what your musical taste will be like in 10 years.
If he likes the tattoo, he should get it. Some people on here might make fun of a tattoo they think is stupid....hell, I'll even make fun of tattoos I see that I think are stupid. However, the only thing that really matters with tats is if the person getting it wants it. Get something because you like it, not because other people think it's cool, and on the other hand, if every other person thinks it's stupid, it doesn't really matter as long as you like it.

My friend has the band logo on the back of his neck, btw.
Nikolas
hey, im not even kidding:

I have that tattoo.

but maybe not for the same reason your friend does.
I got it because, after reading Rollins' "get in the van" I was so impressed with his attitude towards doing shows, touring, and giving everything for those minutes on stage, that I wanted to hang on to that feeling. I got the logo as a reminder. Whenever Im on my way to a gig and I don't feel like doing it or I cant find the energy, I just look at the tattoo and it reminds me of what it's all about: thrity minutes to sweat out the anger and giving it all you got.

But thats just me so for your friend: I don't know.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
If he really fucking like the band, in a fanatical sort of way, I don't see any problems with it.
I've got a friend who tattooed the Blink 182 logo on his chest. He was very fanatical about them, though.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
In a similar thread, Im thinking of getting the Motorhead mascot tattooed over my heart for the exact same reason (irrational fanaticism XD)

EDIT: Im also thinking of getting a dick tattooed on my dick... but bigger!

Pretty good idea, no ?
My friend wanted to get an A7x tattoo on his wrist. I reminded him that 2 years ago he was fanatical about Green Day. If he had gotten American Idiot tattooed on his wrist, he would regret it now. Same basic concept.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Quote by Bamitchell
My friend wanted to get an A7x tattoo on his wrist. I reminded him that 2 years ago he was fanatical about Green Day. If he had gotten American Idiot tattooed on his wrist, he would regret it now. Same basic concept.

How old is your friend ?

Musical tastes are very fickle when you're... say 14-15-16.

By the time you're 20 or over, I'd say whatever you're really into now will probably stick with you forever, bar some drastic personality change
As much as i like Black Flag i think a Pokemon tattoo would be more appropriate for your friend.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
if it actually means something to him on a deep personal level, go for it. great music is timeless. that's the point. there's no shame in getting the tattoo. unless it's JUST his favorite band.
#DTWD
Quote by seizureman
Hey me and my friend have been into flag for a few years now, and he says he wants to get it tatooed, but he was born in '91. We insist that it doesnt seem to have the same meaning as someone who was actually there, but i mean its his call. Will he seem like a jackass for getting one? Please we dont want his ass to get kicked haha

Nope. If your gonna get any band tattoo blag flag's logo would be one of the few that would look great as a tattoo. Also I presume you mean this one?:

multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Rising
How old is your friend ?

Musical tastes are very fickle when you're... say 14-15-16.

By the time you're 20 or over, I'd say whatever you're really into now will probably stick with you forever, bar some drastic personality change

yeah, he's like 16 so you do have a point. But still, my Dad is 40 and he likes a band for a while and then burns out and hates them. So I think it could still be risky.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Quote by Rising
Im also thinking of getting a dick tattooed on my dick... but bigger!

sigged.
The only band tattoo i would ever get is the Social Distortion skeleton. I'd be cautious getting that though.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
He should get one of the Black Flag show flyers tattooed on him. Cuz you know, lots of penises.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'd rather get a tattoo that looks good than something meaningful. If something is so meaningful why do you need it tattooed on you to remind you of it? Just my opinion.
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
If he likes the band enough, go for it. That's all that matters. Most of my favorite bands broke up before I was born, or at least before I was actively into music. The fact that I never got to see them doesn't make their music any less meaningful to me. Good art, be it painting, sculpture, literature, or music, transcends generations. The fact that I didn't live in seventeenth century Britain doesn't make Shakespeare any less meaningful, and the fact that I didn't live in 1980's California doesn't make the Minutemen any less meaningful.

He may seem like a jackass to people who don't like tattoos and people who don't like Black Flag. But who really cares? I don't, and neither should any other dedicated fan of '80s punk.
Quote by element4433
He should get one of the Black Flag show flyers tattooed on him. Cuz you know, lots of penises.

I was gonna say the same thing more or less!