i play punk rock i was wondering what pickups should i pput on the bridge of a gibson sg special seymour duncan sh-8 invaders ,sh-4 jb or gibson dirty fingers?
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
BJ used a JB in his strat at one point. The newer green day sound is all about P-90s and marshall amps. Maybe you should try a new amp instead of switching pick ups? if your amp isnt that great a pick up change isnt gonna make much difference. Dont specials come with Burstbuckers? theyre decent already.
whatever you get, i wouldn't get high output pups, and don't get anything that is naturally bright-seeing as that SG is already gonna be bright enough-that is if you're going to be playing a good amount of cleans, otherwise they'll be ice-picky and harsh without turning down your volume knob. P-90s don't sound like a bad choice, even though some of the characteristic twang is more on the trebly side, it'll sound good for sure.

and even though i'm not HUGE on punk, it would help to know what kind of punk rock you're talking about, these days 'punk' is just as diversified as 'rock'
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Don't bother, you'd just be wasting your money - just send Tom Delonge a love letter and be done with it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i am more of the older green day guy b4 warner started to ruin thm i am more into stuff recorded last century haha i would love a p90 but i'd get a p90 on a junior or something not an sg billie uses sh-4's on all his non p90 guitars
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
i love p90's maby i shouldnt get an sg and get a junior but i still gotta comepare em both and i will change my amp hopefully to a marshall mg100dfx and i have a multi fx too
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
three things bro:

1) put a lil more grammar and correct spelling (periods help a lot!), run-on sentences are a B*TCH to read anywhere, let alone on a computer screen

2) don't bother with pups, focus on upgrading your amp to something that isn't an MG or anything with terrible reputation. now i feel dumb for completely overlooking the fact that you don't have a decent enough amp to warrant a pup swap.

3) yes...if you're trying to get really close to a Green Day sound, then an LP jr would be good, as well as a really crunchy sounding tube amp...so yea you could even just stick to your current guitar and wait til you have a much better amp before you focus on pup swapping

you got a ways to go, and seems like a good bit to learn about where most your tone comes from, keep reading up on the forums and you'll learn quick enough
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
^ DO NOT get an MG!!!

They are horrible, overpriced, oversized practice amps.

Replace amp first, on a shit SS changing pickups will have next to no effect
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
dont get the Marshall MG. just cause its a marshall doesn't mean it will sound good. only their tube amps sound good. their solid states suck.

what other amps can u get there in Egypt?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
hmmm i have played on a marshall mg 100 but i'll take all of your experience in context what other amps in the under 400$ range do u recommend and just so u know i am moving from egypt and i will try to focus more on grammer haha. <---- see a period now shush! XD
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
will u be gigging?

check out the vox vt30/50 or peavey valveking 112.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
will u be gigging?

check out the vox vt30/50 or peavey valveking 112.

not to sure bout gigging the vox's seem to me like effects pedals stuck to speaker boxes so no. i have been really interested in the valve king do u have any experiance with it?
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112