I,ve got a B.C Rich Warlock Doc Murdock Body Art Edition, its the best guitar i've ever played (that suits me anyway) and the only thing missing is a floyd rose. Any ideas of how i could install a floyd rose without messing it up??
You simply don't do it on a guitar like this. It's a stringthrough body if i'm not mistaken; and there is some serious routing to do, and propably a lot of refinishing. when it's got a finish like that guitar has, we're talking a lot of labour and it's going to be more expensive for you to get a good floyd installed than what you paid for the guitar in the first place. It sucks, but that's how it is.
near imposible.

you could allways get bc rich to make you a custom one, but that would be as expensive as like 10 of the normal ones... probably more.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
I think it's doable. There's a lot of routing ahead of you though, so unless you trust your tooling skills a lot, then you're in for a lot of trouble.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
i'd agree near impossible but it would be worth it for the perfect guitar, i dont trust my tooling i'd have to go see a professional, when i can afford to get this done price wouldn't be an object
Actually if you dont mind the cavity being unpainted and the luthier you send it too is careful and uses alot of masking tape you wouldnt have to refinish it leaving you with the awsome paintjob. Of course if you use the masking tape to cover the edges you could just throw some black paint in the cavity to cover up the bare wood. I personally wouldnt do it as much as I love floyds cause I also really love string through but if all that work and money is what it takes for you to have your perfect guitar then its 100% worth it.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Dec 10, 2009,
i just did this to a mockingbird my uncle gave me. it need to be refinished anyways. i should be getting it back from paint next week.
http://www.kahlerusa.com/home.html

Kahlers require a whole lot less routing, and it's pretty similar pricewise to the FR original, if it's not cheaper.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by z28_dad
i just did this to a mockingbird my uncle gave me. it need to be refinished anyways. i should be getting it back from paint next week.

Make a thread and post pictures man! I'd love to see it.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

I've always considered a Kahler. What are they like?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls