Hey, new to the forums. My band recently recorded a few tracks, and it would be great to get some feedback from guitaring peers on the riffs and solos, with regards to the first two songs on myspace.

It is probably worth saying that the first track's solo and arrangement is a bit of a tribute to pink floyd, so any similarities are deliberate. It is not too similar I promise.

It was done in a bit of a rush so some minor timing imperfections may be evident.

Fiction

Cheers
I'd say that the first track is pretty awesome. The piano intro sounds a bit like a classic rock song from the late 70's or 80's but I can't remember the name of it but from then on I'd say it sounds pretty original. The piano solo/progression in the middle is very well done.

With regards to the rest of the tracks, the only one I didn't like was "Don't Wait Up" it doesn't really fit with he rest of your songs. And it seems like the vocals are much different.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Thanks, yer we haven't really decided on a direction yet, having 6 people with different tastes is a trial!