Hi. Im thinking about getting a midiverb 4 but was wondering if individual effects pedals would sound better? Also, there is a midiverb 2 i could get but i dont know if they come with a footswitch to change between settings mid song?
They don't come with a footswitch, but those are like $30 or something, no real big deal. I'm pretty sure individual pedals would sound better, plus you'd have more control over your effects. Still a rackmounted multi-effect like the midiverb or microverb is a good alternative.
Thanks but if you use individual pedals theyre either on or off whereas with a unit like midiverb you can program in different effects and switch between them with a footswitch if you want.....is that right? e.g. if you started a song with a small amount of delay but wanted a bigger delay later in song you couldnt do that with an individual pedal could you? it would be on or off would it not?
Midiverbs sound really nice actually. I use it's bigger brother, the Quadraverb which is fantastic but I have used midiverbs in the past and they are good too. I switch mine via midi with a gp-8/fc-100 but you can use a simple footswitch to cycle through patches. The switching method varies between models with midiverbs (and there are have been a lot of different models). You can get hold of the manuals directly from the Alesis website so just download the one for your model and check it out.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Dec 11, 2009,
I found one at a pawn shop for $30 today, couldnt not buy it. However it didnt come with the correct power supply it needs a 9VAC power supply the dumb*** employee gave me a 16VDC.
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Quote by anderson80
Thanks but if you use individual pedals theyre either on or off whereas with a unit like midiverb you can program in different effects and switch between them with a footswitch if you want.....is that right? e.g. if you started a song with a small amount of delay but wanted a bigger delay later in song you couldnt do that with an individual pedal could you? it would be on or off would it not?

This is true.

However, you will find that MIDI rack equipment is a PITA. Things like patch change delays make what appears to be a great idea in theory not so good in practice.

A lot of pro rack systems have individual effects units dedicated to one effect on one setting, and then use a Bradshaw loop/switcher system to switch them in and out instantly. In effect, this makes MIDI rack units behave like stompboxes. In other words, the pros tend to avoid the MIDI features on their rack units like the plague.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.